Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Look who went potty!


So tonight after dinner Laney kept saying, " I need to go potty, I need to go potty." Jason sat her on the potty and the first time, she didn't go. Well, she went to play and then said again, "I need to go potty." Jason tried again, and this time she went! We were shocked and by the look on her face, so was she. Her reward? Ice cream :)

Would I love to get her potty trained? Heck yeah!
Would I love to get rid of the diapers? Heck yeah!
Do I think she is ready? Heck yeah!
Do I want to do it? NO WAY!

I might try and put her in undies in the next few days and do the elimination method but then again, that sure takes a lot of energy :) I know I will have to do it one of these days but right now, we are just excited that she went to the potty and that we got to enjoy the fruits of her labor---ice cream!



Look who is so happy to go get that special ice cream treat!



Mmmmmm



Who needs a spoon?



Way to go sis!

6 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, those are seriously the CUTEST pictures ever!! She is grinning from ear to ear, and you can tell she is super proud of herself--as she should be! What a great idea to reward her right away--and with such a yummy treat, I might add. :) Way to go, Laney!!!

Layla and Delia said...

Laney, you are such a big girl!!!! Woot woot!!

Seriously, she looks so old in the photo of her licking the spoon. Great photos. :)

So, if she pees on the potty again, you need to tell your loyal readers immediately so we can all make a trip to DQ. ;) In honor of Laney...

Emily said...

Those pictures are SOOOOOO cute! The first one of Laney is awesome! Way to go Laney! We know you'll be in the "potty club" soon enough. It would be nice if you could hurry it along so that you and Matthew are not in diapers at the same time, but if you can't do that, we understand. Take your time little one (okay, not really, but I have to say that to act like we are all being really patient about it). LOVE the matching sister outfits, too. What a hoot!

Pigtail Mama said...

You are so funny, Leslie! I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to potty-train right now, but WAY TO GO, Laney, for wanting to go on the potty! That is great! I think that is at least a step in the right direction. We tried to PT Grace a couple of times but gave up. Once she told us she wanted to wear panties it was EASY! Seriously, I can count on one hand the number of times she has had an accident since she decided she wanted to be PTed. Since Laney is taking the lead on this one, I'm hoping you will have the same outcome as we did.

The pictures are sooooo cute- I love the matching outfits!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Laney will sing on the potty like my lovely youngest daughter did so long ago....

Love,
Mom

braun brothers said...

Those pics are SOO adorable!! :) Great job, Laney!