Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts

Ella got into the car after school last week and said "Here Mom. Hide this. It's for you for Mother's Day." I guess in all of the Mother's Day excitement I forgot to post these adorable gifts!






The inside of the card.
The teacher wrote "love" and Ella tried to write her name.
Notice the E at the bottom?
The E has extra lines but it's a cute work in progress.



Ella painted this box at Steph's house last Tuesday to give to me
for Mother's Day. Ella then came home and painted the
whole box again (inside and out).





I forgot I had bought this rock painting kit a few months back
and last week when it was raining (I know, which day, right??) Ella
and I painted the rocks. I love that our artwork looks the same.
I am SO NOT artistic :)



Her favorite rock of the bunch.
Thank you, Ella, for all of your thoughtful gifts
that will always remind me of this
creative time in your life.

And Laney, don't worry that you did't have a present.......you girls are my true present :)

6 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Way to go, Ella, on making your mommy such beautiful gifts! I love that she had to paint the box again. Either it was so much fun that she wanted to do it over, or she's really a perfectionist and wasn't quite satisfied with her first attempt. Either way--too cute!

I love your little rock project that you girls did together. That's a great idea! My next-door neighbor uses rocks instead of mulch in his landscaping. Maybe he won't notice if we paint each rock, one-by-one this summer. :)

Emily said...

Aww...sniff, sniff. I LOVE that she told you to hide your own present. Classic.

braun brothers said...

Those are so precious. :) I can't wait to start getting some kid-make gifts!!

Pigtail Mama said...

Those gifts are precious! I absolutely LOVE the card. I bet you are so proud of that "E!" I know I would be! It's a great E. :) What sweet gifts you got from your sweet girl!

I also have to say that I love how you did that last picture, with the rock in focus and Ella a little out-of-focus. Love it!

Leslie said...

Thanks everybody and thanks Kel for noticing my attempt to be "you." Ok, I will never be as good on my camera as you are with your's but you are my camera inspiration. But thanks to your recent post and Kristy's new lens, I got motivated to put my new lens back on and practice....so thank YOU :)

Doesn't love a wall said...

I love it! Presents from kids are the best aren't they? Madda made me a card at church and it was just divine!!