Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day--a day of welcome surprises


Having two kids fairly young, you learn not to have high expectations of holidays (including Mother's Day) because usually one of the kids is crying, acting up, feeling sick, picking on each other, etc (you moms know what I mean). Well today was the most perfect Mother's Day imaginable and although I have two wonderful kiddos that cooperated to make this day great, Jason was #1 in making it the most relaxing day!

By the time I walked downstairs this morning, Jason and the girls were making french toast (my favorite breakfast food). We were then off to church where the girls followed directions so well. Sometimes even getting to church can be a workout but we made it....even on time :) After church, Laney took a nap and Jason took Ella to the store where they came back with a cookie cake and ice cream (how can anybody resist a good cookie cake??). Once Laney got up, we opened up their sand box and the two of them played together for at least 1-2 hours while Jason and I just relaxed on the deck. It was so peaceful. Jason cooked a fantastic dinner where I did nothing! And then after dinner, we had some very close friends over to help us eat the yummy cake. It was a fantastic day, and I honestly feel rested! Thank you Jason--you are the best!

Jason was sweet enough to give me two gifts that truly help a pregnant woman:
1) planted all of my flowers outside. They look so pretty and it saved me a ton of time/energy
2) a manicure with friends. How relaxing!

I also want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to our moms. We feel very lucky to have such wonderful mothers in our lives!! Thank you for all of the support you give to us and all the love you continually show us and our kids.

Many moms read this blog, and I hope you all had a great mother's day! For those that "deal" with me on a weekly basis, you mothers are an inspiration to me and keep me going...thanks for being such a supportive group of women :)

7 comments:

Ella and Caden said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mama! So glad you had a wonderful day - you deserve it!

braun brothers said...

I'm so happy your day was so awesome! :) I want to eat that cookie cake...

IUgirl78 said...

What a fun day!! Sitting on the deck while the kids are playing sounds like heaven to me. :) Thank you so much for sharing your cookie cake and ice cream with us. It was so yummy and rich that we decided to postpone ice cream night until tomorrow. :) Now I have some motivation to get me through my Monday!

Pigtail Mama said...

What more can you ask for on Mother's Day- a cookie cake AND two napping girls? And a manicure to boot? You are one lucky, very-deserving Mommy! I love the picture of you with the girls. Too cute! I'm glad that you had a such a great day! :)

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's day! Sounds like you had a good one:)

Layla and Delia said...

Glad your Mother's Day was so relaxing. The photo of you with the girls is adorable. But, really, who can't give an awesome smile when there's a ginormous cookie with frosting right next to you?!?!? :)

Emily said...

Tell Jason I haven't yet received MY gift certificate for the manicure. Weird that it hasn't come yet...ahem. Hee hee. I guess other than that, he's pretty darn perfect, isn't he? I almost didn't want to read this post because I KNEW Jason would try to put all of the other dads to shame!

I'm so glad you had a super duper Mother's Day. You are a fantastic mom with such a great attitude about life. The girls are so lucky to have such a wonderful example of a strong, independent, fun-loving, caring mother. As the Hallmark commercial says, "Mom, you rock!"