After church today, Ella said that she wanted to go outside and play in the snow. I knew it was slightly warmer than last week so I said sure. Then when Laney woke up from her nap she asked to go outside too. So I got her bundled up in her hat, coat, scarf, and mittens and we joined Jason and Ella outside. But we quickly realized that we didn't need the whole winter garb today! It was a beautiful day to build a snowman and in my eyes the
perfect snowman building weather--it was 40-45 degrees :)
This was Laney's first time in the snow and although she liked the feel of it, I had to place it in her hands. For some reason, she wouldn't pick the snow up from the ground.
Ella loved climbing the mounds of snow we had surrounding our driveway; the piles of snow were a good 4 feet tall.


Ella, are you helping Dad build the snowman or are you throwing a snow ball at Mom?

Laney helping build the massive snowman

Ella and one of our many big mounds of snow

Laney was so excited to see that Carly and her dad, Troy, were coming over.

Wow these noses are tough to put on.

Look at me holding snow!

Now that is one big snowman :)
Jason had a great time building the snow man, and the girls enjoyed
accessorizing with the scarf, the nose, the eyes, the arms.
Jason happily put a University of Cincinnati hat on the snowman.
2 comments:
Now THAT is the way to do it! I think playing in the snow is way more fun when you don't have to worry about bundling up and trying to prevent frostbite! I love the snowman, too. The snow was too fresh when we went out the other day and wouldn't pack well, but I bet it was perfect today since it had melted a little. You took such great pictures and I love the black and white effect. Glad you guys had fun!
That IS a big snowman! WOW! We tried to build one on Saturday but gave up after about a minute. :) It was a very nice day to get outside yesterday!
Did Jason go to UC? Love the hat!
Post a Comment