Sunday, February 8, 2009

Laney-isms

This was our 5 minute conversation this morning:

Laney: I want my phone
Me: Would you like your phone?
Laney: uh-huh
Me: Laney, we say, "yes, please" not "uh-huh"
Laney: Yes, please.

So we try it again:
Me: Laney, would you like the phone?
Laney: Uh-huh
Me: Laney, say, "yes, please."
Laney: Yes, please.

Once again (I was not giving in until she said "yes, please" without being prompted versus "uh-huh.")
Me: Laney, would you like the phone?
Laney: Uh-huh
Me: Laney, say, "yes, please."
Laney: Yes, please.

This same conversation went on at least 10 times and although I wanted her to say "yes, please" it became rather comical when she would say "uh-huh." She is a stubborn one but at the same time, a hysterical one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We read this book every night to Laney...can you tell?

5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Ha! I love the tennis match of a conversation you had going on. Somedays it does feel like that, doesn't it? :) So did she ever say "yes, please" unprompted or did you just have to throw in the towel on this one? :)

I loved the video clip as well. Yes, you can tell you read that book often--I love that!

Pigtail Mama said...

Ugh, those are just TOO CUTE! I love the conversation. Do you think she knew what to say and was just giving you a hard time? I think that's what most toddlers do. They get our instructions but do the best they can to make us loony. OH, maybe that is just my two toddlers. :)

The video is precious! She really knows that book. It is funny to see her touch her cheek- it's almost like she knocks herself out! She is one precious little girl!

Madeline Grace Fulton said...

LOVE IT!!!! You have the best storytelling voice!!!!!!

So whose BGBed?? Are they both in them already???? I have GOT to get my butt in gear.....

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

LOVE the "teeth face!" I was laughing out loud when she pulled her cheeks to the sides to show her teeth to the camera. What a ham!