Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jon and Kate Plus 8


Many of you who read this blog are addicted to the same show I am, Jon and Kate Plus 8. For those of you who don't know what this show is about, it's about a Pennsylvania couple who has two sets of multiples (twin girls who are about 7 and sextuplets who are 4--the picture above is a few years old). I really love this show, DVR it every week and heck, it keeps Ella entertained.

Tonight, Jason and I were wondering how much money they were making and we started to do some research online. They used to live in a very small house and now they are looking for tons of land to build a new house. I do believe they should be compensated well....hey, they let us all watch their kids grow up!

In our "research", we came across this blog written by Jodi's sister. If you are familiar with the show, you know that Jodi is Kate's sister-in-law but Jodi has not been on the show for a while. It gives a very sad depiction of Kate and although I wanted to believe it was just hate mail, I later found a video of Jodi herself telling the story of how she was booted out of the childrens' lives. The details start on the blog dated Sunday, October 5, 2008 entitled Summary of Events.

I have to say that I didn't find too much of it appalling or out of character. I hoped that it was not true but felt that it probably was. Kate has always seemed a little over the top but she has 8 kids to take care of! Will I still watch the show? Yes. I think those kids are great, and I think Jon is a wonderful man to put up with Kate. Just wanted to pass along this blog of interest; we all knew Kate was a little (hahaha, a lot) controlling :)

4 comments:

starfitch said...

From what I understand, the show is what they are "making" right now. We knew Kate was a SAHM but it seems Jon recently stopped working as well.

You should also check out gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com

I've almost stopped watching since I've done some reading on them. At some point you need to turn the cameras off and let the kids be kids and since there is a new episode every single week, it doesn't seem like that is happening.

Pigtail Mama said...

That's actually one show I don't watch! :) I have seen it once, for about 10 minutes, but don't really know much about it. It is interesting, though, what you found out about Kate. I'm sure it must be hard raising 8 kids, but it would be sad to boot family out of their lives! Thanks for the info, I may just have to watch it now- at least once. :)

IUgirl78 said...

I know, isn't this sad??? Holly showed me the blog about a month ago, and I have to admit it really soured me against the show. I have 7 unwatched episodes on my DVR and am not really in the mood to watch them for awhile. Of course I'll probably watch them eventually...especially when my favorite shows are showing re-runs and I'm bored!

Aunt H said...

I know....I mean, people have said, "Well I'd be a _______, too, if I had 8 kids!" Ummm....no. It's just sad how they claim to be so Christian, yet she treats people so horribly (allegedly).

I would run away from home if I were married to her!

I LOVE those kids, though. They are SO stinkin' cute, it just breaks my heart. I really want an Asian baby now!