What a trip!
Last week Jason, myself and two other couples (Scott and Christie Hostetler and Tim and Heidi Stamm) went to New York City. It was such a wonderful time. The first time I went to NYC I was overwhelmed and sick (10 weeks pregnant) so I didn't get to enjoy it too much. But this time around it was a very different story. We did all the touristy things (a Broadway show, taking a 3 hour cruise around the island, Little Italy, China Town, Greenwich Village, Central Park, street fair, lots of shopping) and had a great visit from my sister, Cindy, who is about an hour or so away. We went to the Today Show (we were on TV for a few seconds but just a profile shot), enjoyed our first Korean meal (which was awesome--yeah dumplings!!), went to see a movie (Fireproof--it was so good--cried some good tears), did a ton of walking, took the subway, etc. I am tired just typing that!
There are lots and lots of pictures in this post; consider yourself warned. But if there aren't enough below for you, here is our family online album to check our more:

The view from our hotel room. Amazing, right? We were at the Hilton Times Square. Scott and Christie were across the hall and had a view of the Empire State Building.

Today Show here we come!

Heidi, Tim and I getting ready for the Today Show.

Jason and Tim in front of the famous Dean and Deluca.

Hey camera, I am ready now! I guess the camera man didn't hear my calls.

An inside shot of the studio

Look how close we got to Ann Curry.
She is so beautiful!
We got there at 7:30 AM and had a good spot but
quickly realized we needed a sign to draw some attention.

Although we were only on TV for about 3 seconds we loved the experience.
We got to see Ann, Al, and Meredith but too bad Matt was on vacation!

I was so glad that Cindy and Mike drove into the city for a day visit!
We went to Central Park, China Town, Little Italy, and Greenwich Village.

Central Park

The Willetts and Hostetlers

One of the many street performers at Central Park.

Cindy and me in Central Park

fountain at Central Park

Cindy and Mike

Enjoying some lunch at The Boathouse in Central Park

Look at that little man pushing a rather large rock....go J go!

Scott and Christie

We were ready for shopping!

Jason was loving this idea of parking the cars.
We could use one in our garage.
Not for our cars but for the girls' stuff!
Just put it on a lift and carry it all away.

On Friday we took a 3 hour cruise around the island.
Here is our Lady Liberty.

Postcard material, right?

Taking a breather and sitting inside. My feet were killing from all the walking we did. Note to self, although gym shoes are not the most fashionable, wear them when in NYC!


The sign said "Sarah Palin, Live Here, See Wall Street."
This was on the Jersey side of the Hudson.


Jason and the mini statue of liberty.

It was a beautiful, yet windy day.
The lady behind us had hair that kept whipping us in the face!

Scot and Jason enjoying a beer

The amazingly large ferris wheel inside Toys 'R Us.
What parent doesn't go there for their children?
Or to ride the farris wheel?

Jason and Cindy on Jason's first subway ride.
It was pretty uneventful as far as subway rides go, but it was still momentous.

Getting ready for the musical Hairspray. This show was a perfect Broadway musical to see. The energy in the theater was exhilarating! The mom (who is played by a male) was played by Norm from Cheers (hysterical to see a large man dressed as a woman) and one of the main male characters was played by Tevin Cambell (a singer from the early 90s if any of you remember him). Highly recommend this show!

The national debt clock.

This picture was about 10 seconds later. Notice the change of over $150,000!
I am sure my shopping didn't help this.
Although we missed the girls, it was a wonderful 4 day trip. Thanks to my parents and Jason's parents who watched the girls. I know it was tiring for the four of you, but the girls had a blast, and we really appreciate it! We certainly needed a break :) Thanks, Cindy for meeting us--it was wonderful to see you!
10 comments:
Okay, Miss Photogenic! You looked perfectly posed in every picture! They're all great! I'm glad you had such a fun time. Isn't it a great city? This time of year is perfect there, too. I've been there 5 times (when we lived in RI we went there often). It is so nice, but I agree that tennis shoes are the way to go! I'm so glad that you were able to get away for a while and enjoy yourselves! Thanks for sharing all the pictures- you know I love pictures! :)
um, HELLO!!! THIS is how we find out you're knocked up?! YAY!!!! another wonderful willet for this world- congrats and we're so happy for you!
ok, let me clarify. I am NOT prego--Kristin must have been cornfused about when I said the first time I was in NYC I was 10 weeks pregnant (with Laney). Everybody, simmer down now...phew!!!
my bad- this is what i get for being a skimmer and not a reader :-)
but i'm super jealous you got to see tevin campbell... so so jealous!
Looks like you had a blast! I have never been to NYC, so I especially enjoyed your awesome pics. :)
HOW FUN!!! I loved all of the pictures--you did SO MUCH in the time you were there!!! I agree with Kelly and was going to say the same thing--you look gorgeous in all of the pictures! I have to know where you got your sweater in the Central Park pics. (Though do you shop anywhere other than The Loft??) How neat that your sister and her husband were able to join you guys, too. I'm glad you had a great time!
I must be predictable Kristy. I wonder where that sweater could be from? Ok, you are on to me! I bought it about a month ago at the loft. Maybe I should branch out one of these days? :)
My sistahs are right - you do look gorgeous! Tell us, what's your secret?
I am SO jealous you went to NYC. I hear you on the shoes thing, too. The first time Kel and I went together we thought we'd walk from Grand Central to Ground Zero...it was five miles! Holy high heels.
How long were you guys there? You did a TON of stuff! Did ya get any good knock offs?
How fun!!! I LOVE NYC!!! What show did you see?? did you buy a "prado" purse??
I know everyone has already said this, but you and Jason are SO freakin' photogenic it kills me. You guys must be lovin' the new camera. You are taking really great shots. Looks like the weather was beautiful for those outdoor photos, too. Glad you got away from it all for a few days. Oh, and congrats on being 10 weeks pregnant! Oh wait...that was years ago. Nevermind. Hehe I actually went back and was skimming through the post thinking, "Did I miss that? Where was that?" Five Dot Design, you are a tricky, tricky girl!
Post a Comment