1) Ella's patience. She definitely got this from Jason as I have little to none. I have gotten much better but still constantly work on it. Today, we all went shopping and Ella picked out a craft she wanted to do. It was a carriage, like from Cinderella, and involved gluing, putting on stickers, coloring, etc. It was for ages 5+ so I was not so sure she would have the patience to do it. Before dinner, she sat down, pulled out all the pieces, organized them and then tried to put it together. Was she successful, no, but boy was she having fun. She kept referring to the box to see what it should look like. After dinner, Jason and Ella sat down and finished the craft. It was great to see that! J--you are such an amazing father!!!
2) Laney's sense of humor. I can sometimes find this girl doing the silliest things. Today was her first adventure with pigtails. She looked adorable in them but of course loved trying to pull them out. The whole way home from the pool I heard her say tail, tail. No idea what she was talking about but when I looked back, there she was twirling her pig tails.

3) Ella's sense of "what is in." I say this with complete sarcasm because her fashion sense is hysterical. Today I had the worse headache! I look over and Ella was in her new hat, sunglasses (upside down) and shoes (on the wrong feet) eating a popsicle.
3) Ella's sense of "what is in." I say this with complete sarcasm because her fashion sense is hysterical. Today I had the worse headache! I look over and Ella was in her new hat, sunglasses (upside down) and shoes (on the wrong feet) eating a popsicle.
4) How adapting to different situations Laney is. Laney is exposed to so much more than Ella was at her age because she has a bigger sis to show her the way. Today we were at the pool and although she was tired, she played for a little bit and then just snuggled with me the rest of the time. I am sure she would have preferred to be in own her bed but thought maybe a snuggle with mommy would suffice.
But all I know is that I learn more and more about these girls everyday. I don't know how that is possible since I am with then 24/7 but they still amaze me. Laney is into shoes (anybody's work just fine), Ella is into independence (packing a suitcase for Nana's house, picking out her clothes, getting diapers for Laney) and both keep us busy!
4 comments:
What a sweet post! Kids are so amazing. I love that Jason and Ella finished her project together- that is the sweetest picture! Laney is so sweet- gotta love that smile! I love hearing about siblings and their similarities and differences. You have two beautiful girls!
I agree with Kelly--this was the sweetest post! It's good that you sat down and thought of the things that your kids do that amaze you. (I can normally only think of things that ANNOY me! Not your kids, of course--I'm talking about my own!) I cracked up when I read that Jason made her promise to do a more manly craft next time. Such a guy thing! I didn't know this was Laney's first day in pigtails...she looked SO CUTE!!! I love both of your girls--they are each so unique!
I absolutely love this post! It makes me sooo look forward to my little boy being born so I can appreciate the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between my 2 little sweeties!
Love the upside down sunglasses...Ella could start her own fashion trend! :)
Anne-Marie
I have to agree with you about being surprised to learn more everyday. I really feel so lucky to get to witness every moment. Your girls are so cute, and the sister thing is really special.
Post a Comment