Saturday, July 26, 2008

A walk on the canal


After the "late" evening last night we thought we would let the girls relax this morning. We put Laney down for her morning nap which ended up lasting till early afternoon (4 hour long nap....I want to do that!) but once she got up we thought it would be fun to go down to the canal. We hadn't been there since Ella was a baby so since the weather was cooperating, we thought we would head downtown. We walked a lot and although it was very hot we enjoyed showing the girls the paddle boats, the pretty flowers, the waterfalls and all the happenings down there. It was really a nice visit although Ella just wanted to jump in the water (she had her suit on so couldn't quit understand why we wouldn't let her) and get ice cream (which of course we couldn't find).

Trying to restrain Ella from jumping in the water

The girls enjoying the canal the way it should be.....being pushed in a stroller!

Ella and J

We sealed the day with a kiss on the carousel at the Children's Museum.
This picture looked much prettier in my mind!

5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

The canal AND the Children's Museum?!?! You guys are too much! I think just one of those places would've worn me out. :) I love it that Ella wanted to jump in the fountains b/c she had her suit on! And I think that last picture is definitely precious.

Pigtail Mama said...

How fun! That is such a great idea. I love all of your pictures- they are so cute! I'm glad that you had a fun day and were able to have some time with the fam.

I guess Laney partied too hard last night. I can't believe she took a 4-hour nap! Wow! :)

Emily said...

Seriously! I can't believe you went to BOTH the canal AND the museum. You guys are really winning the "best parents ever" contest (and the rest of us would love for you to quit soon...you're making us look bad). I thought I was doing well just filling up Gabby's baby pool today. Hmm...seems I need to step up my game.

The canal must have been "the place" to be today, as my in-laws took their niece and nephew to the canal and rented a paddle boat. Maybe you saw them! Two middle-agers, a 3-yr-old CUTIE patootie little girl with curls, and a 7-year-old handsome boy. Sound familiar? ;)

Patty said...

I'm not sure how much cuter that pic could have been in your mind. It was darn cute in reality!! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend!

Aunt H said...

You are such fun parents. :-) I love the picture of you and Laney - I love how her eyes are open! (Um....DeAnna? Remember how she would do that?)