Today the girls and I went to the pool with the Springborns. Thursday mornings have turned into our swimming day as Forrest Park opens the baby pool and splash pad to pretty much just younger kids. The baby pool is a zero entry pool so the girls can walk on in and the tallest it gets is 36" so even Ella feels comfortable in the deep end with her raft. Laney would just prefer to sit and have a snack but really does love the sprinkler part and the frog slide.
Well, on our way to the pool today I was playing a CD Ella has. It's the Vegetails singing a variety of songs. One of them is "God is so good." You know, the one you would sing as a child in church. I turn the radio down a bit and hear Ella singing "god, you're so good, god you're so good, god you're so good to me." If that wasn't enough, Laney chimes in saying "God, God, God."
The next song in our drive was "He's got the whole world, in his hands." Ella singing so proudly with her hands in a cup motion showing the whole world. Laney saying/talking very loudly "God, God, God."
It made me smile so big to hear them singing together (in their own ways). I then looked back and they were holding hands!
Other things from this AM:
1) I am packing up the car for the pool and I hear the barbie jeep speed out of the garage toward the street. I assumed it was Ella driving (you know what happens when you assume things..) and she can drive fairly well so I wasn't worried. Well, I turn around to make sure and it was Laney driving. Now she can't drive the huge barbie jeep yet, but she sure thinks that she can! The pedal was to the metal and I was running in a crazy fast fashion towards the street. Luckily, all the Willett Women are fine (the girls thought it was hysterical, by the way)....probably me running was the funniest part.
2) We were leaving the pool and Laney was throwing a fit. Not sure why but when I would pick her up, she would flail about. I was getting frustrated and then I realized what she wanted.....my friend Steph. Steph, who is a great friend and who watches the girls 2 days a week, picks Laney up and she calms right down. She didn't want me, she wanted Steph. Some moms might find this sad or be upset that their baby wants another mommy instead of herself, but I have to say, I was so incredibly happy. Why? Well, Steph is a very important person in our lives and to see that her and Laney have a great bond makes me feel better about working two days a week.
3) Both girls are napping. I want to be napping. When the girls wake up we are off to meet a little 3 week old baby, Kylie :)
2 comments:
Oh, that is just the most precious thing--them singing along to "God is so Good" and then holding hands. Usually my kids are singing Christian songs and fighting over a toy at the same time. At least your girls are getting the message!
Wish I would've seen you running after the Jeep. :) I have soooo been there--especially chasing after kids on my super busy street!
I can totally understand what you mean about Steph. Reese used to cry on Saturdays when we told her she wasn't going to Miss Stacy's. That made us feel good in a way since we knew she really loved it there!
By the way, cool header!!!
Oh, I love that they were holding hands! That is too precious.
I can't believe Laney was driving the Jeep! How hysterical! I bet that was a little nerve-wracking, trying to chase her! :)
Post a Comment