Today was the day. The day of all days! I succumbed to my inner soccer mom. We have debated about a van for a while but with two girls, knew that we needed the room and the comfort a van offers. There were certain things I wanted (the dual sliding doors, a light color, lots of storage room) and after reading reviews and listening to friends' advice, we decided on the Honda Odyssey. It's silver with gray leather interior and someday I will learn what all the buttons do. After running an errand with Ella, I couldn't figure out how to get the doors to open automatically and she was "kinda" stuck for a while. She didn't mind....she was intoxicated by the new car smell.
I have to say, I LOVE IT! I said many, many times in my life that I would NEVER have a mini van. But now that we bought it, I am so glad we did. We have some recent trips coming up and between the extra room and the DVD system, it will be a more comfortable trip for us ALL.
6 comments:
Oh....super sweet!!! You know, I have seriously always said that if I ever drove a van, it would HAVE to be an Odyssey. It's so purty! And being on my 3rd Honda, it will last a zillion years and it will still be worth somethin' in 8 years or so.
We grew up with our mom driving a mini and we all loved it. It made for less fighting (I know...US? Fighting?!)
Must be new van day - my mom just got a Town & Country today. But (shh!) - I like yours better. ;-)
That IS too funny since our parents just bought a silver van the same day! I LOVE the Honda Odyssey and think it's a pretty pimped out with all of the features. You'll have to take us for a spin when we get home!
Hi Les-- Congratulations on your new wheels! It looks like a great vehicle. Don't worry-- you will still be cool driving a van :) Hope all is well! --Kristi
Love the new van and don't blame you AT ALL for getting one. They are pretty awesome and ride really smoothly--esp. the Odyssey! A van is pretty much necessary if you ever think you might have more than 2 kids.
You know what is funny? Just the night before you posted this I was on Honda.com comparing the Odyssey and the Pilot! The Odyssey is WAY cool. I would (and just might) drive one! Congrats on your new ride. :)
OK Mamma! Hope you enjoy the new ride!! We saw you checking it out in your driveway and I'm so glod you like it! Anything to make it a bit easier, I'm for that!
Post a Comment