Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ella's last day of 1st grade



Wednesday, June 6th was Ella's last day of first grade.


How can that be? And really, that means I now have a second grader and a kindergartner...ahhhh!

Ella has become such a confident young lady. I have had such a fun time watching her reading, writing and speech blossom. Her teachers all rave about what a great student she is and how well she listens. Although she is very quiet whenever I see her at school, her teachers say that she participates in class, wants to read out loud and enjoys being with her friends. Her gym teacher (who was my gym teacher when I went to TPE) said Ella always tries her best, her music teacher says that Ella loves to clap along to the beat and is learning music quickly and her art teacher (who was my art teacher as well) said she is quiet and likes to concentrate on her art work. No shocker as she has always loved crafts :) Her reading teacher commented on how well her reading has come along and her speech teacher is uber impressed with her work! Ella's teacher, Miss Bim, has been very good at communicating Ella's progress with me and all of us are confident that she will do great in second grade.

Ella has not missed one day of school the whole year. Can you believe that? I am still so impressed with this!!!

I was able to join Ella's class for her end of the year party but unfortunately I got in one picture before my camera died. Boo! And that picture is not even worth posting. But we had a great time and the kids each got a t-shirt with their class picture on it and signed everybody's shirt. It was a wonderful way to end the school year.





Ella's class at the zoo

Now let the summer fun begin! YAY!!!!

No comments: