This past weekend we wanted to try and find it. Find it being the key word as we didn't make a drawing of where it actually was :) Luckily it wasn't buried too incredibly deep and Jason was able to find it.
What we quickly came to realize is that using a wood box was not a smart idea. Although we wrapped in plastic over and over again, the box still crumbled.
Our box :(
You could see that I wrote Jason's and Leslie's Treasure Box 1995 (in puffy paint of course!)
Our treasures.
Pictures (many we couldn't actually see anymore as the color had faded or gotten wet)
An "I Love you" balloon
A small picture frame with a picture
It looked like I might have put in the program from a musical from high school
A cassette tape.
The cassette tape was definitely my favorite. Jason and I dated throughout college but we didn't attend the same college. We saw each other on the weekends but not every weekend so being the young saps in love that we were, we missed each other a lot! Jason made a dedication on a radio station for me saying how much he missed me. Then cue in Somewhere, Out there.
It was really sweet and I always wished we could have incorporated this cheesiness into our wedding reception . It was very cute (yes, cheesy....but we were 19). Ok, I am still cheesy :)
We don't have a cassette player but luckily Betty's car does. Now to clean it to see if it will play.
January 15, 1995
Ok, really????
This is one of the pictures we chose???
Are you still laughing?
My eyes are closed, Jason looks hung over...this is just a ridiculous picture!
Let's hope we put this in for comic relief :)
So word to the wise, a time capsule is lots and lots of fun....just don't use a wood box...LOL






2 comments:
Oh my lord, that is hysterical!! Love the puffy paint, the mix tape (who didn't love "Somewhere Out There"?!), and of course the priceless photos!! Yes, there are probably better photos that you could've chosen, but then it wouldn't have been as entertaining 17yrs later :) As we saw with our college photos, we're all clearly just getting BETTER with age! Love, Kristi
Oh my word, I love it!!! What a great idea! I bet it was fun for you and the kids to discover all of your treasures. I would've forgotten all about it!
Post a Comment