Friday, May 25, 2012

Batter Up


Ella has really had a great time playing baseball. Since there were only about 6 girls that wanted to play, the split them up on 2 different baseball teams. On Ella's team was Emma and Sophie (2 of her favorite girls). It has worked out great! Jason helped Jack Gatlin coach.

Ella usually plays right field but says it is too boring for her. During this particular game she played 3 different positions (catcher, right field and 3rd base).



She has asked to play catcher for weeks so was happy when Mr. Gatlin chose her.



Another day, another band-aid


Her first at bat
She hit the ball and just looked at it.
Then off to first she went :)


Plus this hit brought Emma home.
Go Terrace Park!


Matthew played the "drums" a la Capri Suns as his cheer.


Next inning Ella played right field


The kids are always happy to smile when a Gatlin is around.
Madeline is such a cutie!


Thank goodness for grandparents at these games!
Matthew and grandpa Mike threw the ball much of the time.
The Willetts are great and bring snacks for the kids and help me a TON!
If it wasn't for the grandparents we wouldn't be able to stay the whole game.


Next at bat


And another hit...yay Ella!
The parents were even commenting how well Ella was playing.
She was hustling to her position, hit the ball, ran hard, etc.
this is a huge improvement for her and it was great the other parents were so supportive!


Tonight was definitely Ella's best baseball game yet. 
She hit the ball WITHOUT the tee (which they bring out if you have missed about 6 or 7 pitches)
and she made it home 2 times!

I will tell you our secret to this game in just a bit....


Made it to 3rd where her favorite coach was :)


Not sure I can love a picture more :)


And she scores!



Mr. Morgan helping Ella with her stance.
I love how supportive all of the dads are. Jason and Jack are the main coaches and then there are about 4 other guys who coach. They have done a great job at helping all of the kids no matter what level they are at.


She hits again....yay!!!


Now there is the Ella I know and love :)

Ella came home and was in bed by 8:30...well past her bedtime. We heard her around 9:30 still chit chatting (as she calls it). I got up to clean the kitchen and when I washed her water bottle realized there was Spark in there! Ella usually drinks some for lunch as it helps her focus in the afternoon, but we wouldn't give it once she gets home.  I think with this game we proved it helps with mental focus but I think we also proved not to have her grab it before a 6 pm game. 

Mr. Gatlin says that Ella is going to play 2nd base next game. AHHH!!!! Yes, she will have her Spark trick again :)

No comments: