Monday, January 2, 2012

My wish came true!

We woke up this morning much later than normal (7:30 for Ella and 8:30 for Matthew, Laney and myself...yes, that is 8:30...fabulous way to spend the last morning of winter break). As Laney and I walked downstairs her pace started to quicken as she looked out the front window.

She immediately ran to the back door overlooking the deck and said, "I wished for snow and my wish came true."

What a great reminder for me to enjoy these simple times in their lives. I often find myself being the chauffeur, the cook, the band aid getter, etc yet no matter how much time I give to them, I still feel they deserve more. This is a great reminder that they just want to share the simple things with me.

What a great way to start our last day of winter break!


My little wisher


I wish that I would have gotten more pics of Matthew.
It's like he had never seen snow before! He pushed the snow off his picnic table, he threw snow, he tasted it, he jumped in it. It was adorable.


Yes, we were all excited :)


Beckley came over to play in the snow....always fun to play with friends!

2 comments:

KAY POPE said...

Did everyone in the neighborhood go sledding?

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh my gosh- precious! Isn't it funny how a dusting of snow can make kids SO happy? Cracks me up! My girls were the same way. I love that Laney said her wish came true. Just love it!