Excuse the half done island in the background. That island is completed now and the new wall color is up. Pics to follow....
Ella's artwork in its place of honor
I have always wanted this artwork hanger from Ikea and although I thought we would put it in the play room, Ella asked to put in her room. I thought it turned out perfectly!
The girls' room.
This is the largest bedroom in the house (Ella has a full bed, Laney has a twin and there is still plenty of floor space for playing). We painted it light green with pink accents. The girls picked out the pink shag rugs and Kelly W. helped me with the light green color. I am really happy with the result!
Behind their beds is a Wishberry decal (Laney loves wishberries...doubt that is the real name but she loves them!). The whole family helped hang this :)
We wanted to put decals on the fan, and I found these at Target. Honestly, they aren't my favorite as they are a little too dark but since they have glitter the girls want them to stay.
I looked and looked for bookcases for the girls' room. I didn't know what I wanted except for something that held books but I couldn't find what I "wanted". I originally wanted with the Worthington's have in their basement from Ikea (the 4 cubbies) but that was too big. Ikea has one with 2 cubbies but that wasn't quite big enough. I said to J, boy I wish it had 4 smaller cubbies and then low and behold, we had one already. We had stood this up in our old house with baskets in the cubbies but putting it sideways has worked perfectly...and it was free :)
The previous homeowners (hehehehe) left a few mirrors just in case we needed them. This was was originally had a gold, ornate frame. I liked the design but thought if we painted the frame pink it would match perfectly. Luckily hip2save had mentioned free paint samples a while back so I got a pink in hopes to use it in the room. Well, Yay! Here it is :)
The high heeled shoe found a perfect place :)
It is tough to see but this is a huge closet which we will eventually get a closet organizer in.
But what is cool about this picture? No, it is not Laney's sparkly blue dress. But if you see the 2 big boxes up top, my wedding dress and my mom's wedding dress. I need to find a better home in this house for them but for now, it is pretty cool to have them nearby :)
I have always wanted this artwork hanger from Ikea and although I thought we would put it in the play room, Ella asked to put in her room. I thought it turned out perfectly!
This is the largest bedroom in the house (Ella has a full bed, Laney has a twin and there is still plenty of floor space for playing). We painted it light green with pink accents. The girls picked out the pink shag rugs and Kelly W. helped me with the light green color. I am really happy with the result!
But what is cool about this picture? No, it is not Laney's sparkly blue dress. But if you see the 2 big boxes up top, my wedding dress and my mom's wedding dress. I need to find a better home in this house for them but for now, it is pretty cool to have them nearby :)
1 comment:
Yay! So fun actually seeing a room now! :) The girls' room reminds me so much of Reese's old room. I loved the green walls and pink accents. The "wishberry" decal is so cool--I'm sure that was fun to hang. ;)
Looks great--can't wait to see other rooms!
Post a Comment