Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Although we got to meet the teacher last Thursday, today is the first day of preschool. Laney's teacher is Mrs. Heile and the helper is Mrs. Kauffman. She has a rather big class but I am not worried. Her teacher seems very organized and has concrete goals she will set for each student (like for Laney, I just want her to learn to write her name lowercase).

Throughout the summer we were lucky enough to meet a few kids from her class. One of the girls, Megan, is the daugther of a sorority sister of mine from college. We have gotten the girls together throughout the summer and they hit it off. She is also in class with a daughter of a friend of mine from high school and a few kids from her soccer team. She is so excited. Although it is only 2 1/2 hours (insert a big BOO here as our preschool in Indy was 4 hours) it is 4 days a week, gearing her up for full day Kindergarten next year.




She was so excited to head inside.

After hanging her coat and back pack up, she ran to the class pet (a hamster) and started playing. She was ready to see her friends :)


Then it was just me and little man.
What are we to do?

We picked Laney up and the first thing she said was, "Mom, I had a great first day. Mrs. Kauffman and Mrs. Heile are my teachers. They are really nice. We played outside, did story time, had a snack of pretzels, painted and had circle time." Yes, she said that it one sentence without any pulling or prodding about what she did (with Ella I have to ask a bazillion questions to find out even one detail about what happened in school).

Here's to a great school year, Laney Bug!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Who is it from AGD that has a daughter in Laney's class?

Leslie said...

Tammy Geise. We have hung out all summer...it has been great to reconnect with her. We should all get together :) Tammy lives in Milford.

Pigtail Mama said...

Leslie, the pics aren't showing up for this post. Is it just my computer? Glad Laney was so excited for her first day!

Leslie said...

No, Kel, I can't seem them today either (I saw them last night). I am having issues downloading pics anywhere these days (FB and the blog). Thinking my computer is going downhill...lol.

KAY POPE said...

I love that she gave you a wonderful summary all in one sentence! She is so ready for the Big World of Education!

IUgirl78 said...

Glad the pictures are working today. Laney looks like a little preschooler! So glad she had a great first day!

Pigtail Mama said...

OKay- I can see them now! LOVE her jean jacket! She's too cute. Matthew is so funny-I bet he's enjoying having you all to himself!