Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Matthew vs. the puddle

These pics are from my phone so I apologize for their size and blurriness (I am just impressed I can get them on here to be honest, let alone make them bigger) :) Next time I might just have to e-mail them to get better quality because these are really grainy...sorry!

Today was a wet, wet day. While Ella was at school, Laney, Matthew and I stayed in our PJs until 1 pm. We vegged, watched a few movies (one being Tangled....gosh I love that one!) and just cuddled. I can't remember when we did this for a whole day so it was nice to just veg. We had workers here installing our new island (holla!) so it gave me motivation to make NO plans in the AM.

But when the kids got home from school, Laney and Matthew were ready to play. We walked down to the bus stop to get Ella and as we were walking it started to rain harder than I thought it would. We had a blast as all of the kids (think like 12 kids) started jumping in puddles and splashing around. It was a great time to be a kid (and a mom of a kid).

After I got inside and changed the kids, Matthew took those clothes off and went outside with our neighbor, Garrett. He jumped with Garrett and Sophie in the biggest puddle in the circle. It was awesome to watch, and it just made me happy I don't miss these simple moments. Many times I want to pull my hair out when he does "boy" things, but this time I just loved it!


Here he was after the puddle jump. Yep, straight to the bath :)



Sorry this is so small but there is Sophie and Garrett laying down in the puddle. I forwarded this to Sophie's mom and the next thing I hear is a huge scream from Sophie's mom to go home. It was kinda funny :)

3 comments:

KAY POPE said...

I remember when I showed Ella so long ago the joys of jumping into the big puddle in front of 3 Circus Place. I think I still have that photo somewhere. Puddles to bathtubs are definitely family adventures to savor!

IUgirl78 said...

How fun! I remember playing in puddles when I was little...good times! I'm glad a bath followed the muddy adventure. :)

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh my goodness! Cute pictures. I think my girls would love that, but it was too chilly here for that this week. Our backyard definitely has muddy areas where the grass doesn't grow because of all of the trees. I'm hoping the heat isn't gone for good!