Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cindy's Race

The last week in July, Cindy competed in the Louisville Iron-man. She had done one Iron-man before and felt confident in her training going into the Louisville race. The Willetts weren't able to make it but my parents and Tony served as a great cheering section!

We were tracking her online (gotta love technology) but saw that her transition time from the bike to the run seemed longer than normal. I don't know a ton about transition time so I just thought her run wasn't tracking properly. Not 2 minutes later, I get a call from my mom. I don't want to make this dramatic as Cindy said it was all blown out of proportion but after flipping into a ditch, having a concussion, taking an ambulance ride, spending some time in an inner city hospital getting x-rays, Cindy came through unharmed. Although I know she was upset she didn't get to finish the race she had trained so hard for, from our perspective we are just glad she is ok!

Cindy's race still gave us a reason to party with family (see Laney's recount below) but here are some great family pictures we took :)


Cindy and tony


Although Laney was shy with Tony for about 2 minutes, she quickly warmed up. In fact, she was flirting with him. Watch out, Cindy...you have competition :)



Laney and Aunt Cindy doing the crab.
Grr......
Yes, Laney is looking at Tony when she does this (doesn't want to let him out of her sight)






The sign Laney helped my mom make
We have become professional sign makes as my mom even got different colored electrical tape to make the letters. It was impressive and Laney enjoyed helping Nana!


Jason and Grandpa Mike took Ella to her first Reds game a few days before the race.
Not sure which she liked better--the popcorn, sitting in the top row, or the pop :)
But she had fun nonetheless


What a great time with the boys!

5 comments:

Tri Traveler said...

Thanks for posting those photos. It looks like the Reds game was fun!

Pigtail Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pigtail Mama said...

Wow, you and your sister really look alike! I guess I've never noticed before, but in these pictures you can really tell. Your smiles are identical! How nice you were able to get together with family, and glad she's okay after her fall. :(

I'm a little behind on blogging after being gone, so sorry for the lack of commenting the past week or so. I'm trying to catch up on my blog and all the ones I read! :)

Tri Traveler said...

It looks like my last comments were were removed by me? Am I the author of the comments? Anyway, thanks again for posting those photos. It looks like the Reds game was fun!

Tri Traveler said...

I see--it looks like a different comment was deleted. Well, you now have a series of comments from me all saying the same thing. ha!