Although our mantle is not noteworthy enough to be on the front pages of a magazine, to me it means a lot.
--The stockings. Each Willett has their own, hung by the word PEACE (something we strive for daily but let's be honest, we don't often get).
--A picture frame with the saying "Be merry and bright." That is what the season should be...merry and bright instead of the stress that many of us feel. This was given to me by a dear friend and will always remind me of the great friends I have here in Fishers.
--Our mantle is simple, like us. We are an active family but really enjoy the moments at home--playing outside with friends, baking/cooking, playing games. We are simple and as parents, Jason and I cherish those simple, not fancy, moments.
--The advent calendar. We have been continually telling the kids the meaning of Christmas and that presents are just a bonus. Although Christmas from Santa this year will be really low key, we hope to instill in our children that Christmas time isn't about the best gifts or the most gifts...rather it's about family.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
1 comment:
I love it! You have very meaningful things on your mantle, and I like that you have explained each thing. I have worked really hard at keeping this Christmas season stress-free, and I think I've done a good job. At the end of the day it's not about the presents, it is about the people you love around you. What a great reminder for this time of year! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!
Post a Comment