Friday, December 17, 2010

Laney's Christmas Performance

Today was Laney's preschool Christmas performance. I volunteered in her classroom today and brought the craft. When I walked in the room, Laney's eyes lit up! Melt me heart why don't ya! So Jason, myself, Matthew & Ella came equipped to help the 3-4 year old Monkey room out. After finishing their Christmas cookies, they played a game where they put a cotton ball on a spoon and raced to drop it in the bucket without dropping it. Ella waited patiently and at the end, asked if she could do a round with Laney. Miss Carey said absolutely!

After the game, it was time for our craft. Thanks to my mother in law we have a huge bag of crafts and in there were 10 paperlike picture frames. I picked up some foam stickers and we had ourselves a craft. I used some glitter glue to put each child's name and 2010 on them. Ella helped by passing out the frames, giving the kids glue sticks and stickers. What a big help! I thought I was so creative until I saw the gift Laney made us for Christmas (Laney opened it for us already and it was basically the same picture frame the kids decorated with foam stickers). Too funny! And what was better is the kids never mentioned they already did this craft :)

Then off to the performance! Laney has been practicing her line for a few weeks and today was the big day. She said her line perfectly (Have we missed something) but she was not into the songs. It was funny to see our social, outgoing girl clam up. She was really good at waving at us though.




Laney and her friend, Abby, telling each other knock knock jokes.
Hysterical!





My smiley man was loving the cookie Miss Carey gave him



Getting ready for the game!



Look at my little lady sitting pretty



Laney and her new picture frame



Ella was ready to take pictures



Getting ready to sing!
But she didn't always look so happy while on stage.



This was the usual look we got





Ella was so happy to find her old teacher, Mrs. Linda



What a smile!
She loved her birthday gifts from her preschool--a coloring book and teddy bear

One video for the grandparents:



Laney's line is at 2:55
"Have we missed something?"

I have a few more videos but will need my guru of a husband to figure it out for me :)

2 comments:

Braun Bunch said...

The kiddos look so grown up--especially Laney!!

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh my, she is the cutest little reindeer! What a cute program! I think you have a future movie star on your hands. :) What a doll, and I love that it was a family affair! Great pictures, too. :)