While Laney was outside with her coat and hat on, Ella went outside with no coat or hat on.
Yes, my hot blooded girl wasn't even cold.
But she was on a mission.....to make Snow Art.
She would color the paper, run outside and gather snow,
put the snow on the paper and then cover with wax paper.
But little did she know that once the snow melted, it would ruin her colorful artwork.
But in my eyes, it kept her busy (and happy!).
While she was doing a sweet craft, this is what Matthew was doing. Actually, this is how I always seem him lately...climbing on my table. At least he wasn't pulling the light fixture down this time!
Once Laney was finished in the snow, she sat down and started working on her letters. But I had to take the picture below to show you what she was really wearing (or not wearing).
Who needs pants when it is 20 degrees outside?
So I tried to take a picture before doing one of our favorite family traditions: driving through the Reynolds lights and our neighbor's lights (where the lights dance to music). We tend to drive through the lights at least twice a week but this was the first time Matthew got to really enjoy them (last year he was usually asleep in her car seat). Yeah, he was usually looking out the wrong window but seemed to enjoy it??!!
I just love this family tradition!
2 comments:
We love driving around to look at lights, also! Traditions are fun. :)
Wow, Laney does a great job with her Ns! Love her outfit, too. :)
Fun! I haven't made it to the house in our neighborhood yet, but I've heard it's great as usual.
Even I was excited to see the first snow. Give me two more times of seeing the snow, and I'll be wishing for summer. :) I love that Ella was outside with no coat. To be a kid again...
I love the snow art that Ella was making. Did she invent that herself?
And I agree w/ Kelly--Laney does a very good job with her N's!
Post a Comment