Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween 2010



Although Laney (who was going to be a beautiful princess) was under the weather and not able to go trick or treating, Ella and Matthew enjoyed the night. Ella had a last minute costume change from her Cinderella dress (which she complained was itchy) to this flower girl dress which I got at a garage sale for $1. It is the cutest dress, and I was really glad she made the change. Nothing worse than being uncomfortable!

She ran around the neighborhood with her friend, Carly, while Matthew was taken around first by me, then by Jason. At first Matthew wanted to stay in the wagon but after about 5 minutes, he wanted to go get candy! He walked to the first house, and they gave him 2 pieces. These 2 pieces stayed in his hands all night. In fact, he went to the next house and tried to get their candy while still holding the original 2 pieces. He would not let those two pieces go. It was so cute :)



Our first stop? Mr Ken of course (he always hands out peanut butter crackers..mmmm!)



Look how great the Worthingtons look







His favorite two pieces of candy or just the two he didn't want me to eat



If you look closely you can see the candy from the other house still in Matthew's hand





A giraffe among beautiful princesses

It was a great Halloween but I really missed having Laney trick-or-treat with us. Some of the neighbors made goody bags of candy for Laney, and Ella has been sharing some of her candy with Laney as well. We did have a Halloween Party at their daycare a few days before trick-or-treating but since I figured she would be trick-or-treating I didn't take any pictures Laney in her beautiful pink, princess dress. We did miss her on Sunday!

3 comments:

KAY POPE said...

Great pics! Such a shame about Laney, but I am glad the "flower girl" is sharing her loot. And what a hoot that Matthew would not part with his very first Halloween acquisitions. It sounds as if your neighborhood really gets into the Halloween spirit. We had a grand total of four (4) trick-or-treaters come by.

Pigtail Mama said...

Poor Laney! Sorry she was sick- that's no fun! It looks like a fun Halloween for Ella and Matthew, though. Great pictures!

IUgirl78 said...

It should be against the rules to be sick on Halloween...I mean, really! Another friend's child was also sick, and she had to explain at each house why she was collecting candy for him. I'm sure they were like, "Sure..." She can have all of our leftover candy...better to get it out of our house! :)

Great pictures!