--Laney will ask you "What's your last name?" and then takes her pen out and pretends to write it down (like a detective would).
--Ella continues to be ahead of her time when it comes to matching clothes. I love to see what she comes downstairs wearing and have learned to embrace her style. The other day she picked out some plaid capris that were pink and green and put them under her Easter dress. She figured since both had pink and green they "matched."
--Matthew is into everything and I mean everything these days. He specializes in trash cans. I turn around to find MJ covered in tissues from the downstairs bathroom (then decides to eat the tissues)
--I heard the girls playing house the other day and pretending MJ is the baby. I later see them locking him in their play house since babies have to stay inside (or so they told me)
--When Laney cops an attitude I often tell her, I don't like the way you are acting. She then yells, "I am not acting, Mom."
--Questions from Ella: "Where is outer space? Who lives in outerspace? Is Grandpa Mike from outer space? (I won't tell you what I told her, Dad)
--I have an aerobics instructor that I absolutely love. I told Jason that she must have been drunk one day because she had moves I had never seen. I should have known that would backfire. During dinner one night, Laney turned towards me and said "you're drunk, Mom." But she didn't say it seriously, she said it so loud and with such happiness.
--Ella asked where all of us were born: Dad/Mom/Laney/ Matthew/ Ella/ Ms. Jen/Ms. Kristy/Mr. Joel/Mr. Troy. Troy was born in Alaska and when I told her this she said, "Alaska...where is that? Is that near outer space?" Maybe with all of this outer space talk she is destined to be an astronaut??
--The Berenstain Bears have a book about jealousy called The Green Eyed Monster. Sister Bear gets jealous of brother bear because he gets a new bike for his birthday. So the green eyed monster (who is green with horns and looks just like sister bear) comes to visit sister bear during the night. Whenever we read this part, Laney says, "the green eyed monster looks like me." She then proceeds to say she wants to the Green eyed monster to come visit her. I think she misses the point of this book.
--Ella wants to marry her dad. She says it all the time. I told her that we would love for her to marry somebody like her father but she said, "no, I want to marry my daddy so I can live with you guys forever." I will remind her of this when she is 17.
3 comments:
These are all cracking me up!! Your kiddos are SO funny! Oh, thank you for the good giggle today!
These are all hilarious!! I think the "I'm not acting" is my favorite. Classic! I agree with Heather, though--your kids are hilarious! And I love Ella's obsession with outer space. Tell her that's where Mr. Joel is from...ha!
Great post!
These are all great! You sure do have funny kiddos! Love it!! :)
Post a Comment