Ms. Kelley said that Laney is a delight in her class. She shares, takes turns, listens and enjoys being in school. I mentioned to Kelley that she can be very feisty and stubborn and Kelley said in all the months Laney has been in her classroom, Laney has only thrown one fit. Kelley had asked the class to pick up the toys; Laney just crossed her arms and said no. Kelley had her sit down and a minute later asked Laney what would be a good choice. Laney decided to change her mood and then helped pick up the toys. Ok, really? This was the worst fit Laney has had at school? Although I am glad she is good at school, I sometimes wish that good behavior would be consistent at home too :)
Here is her report card. The first assessment was from September 2009. As you can see she didn't recognize many letters. The (x) by the shapes shows that she could pick them out when placed in a group of 3 (when 3 shapes were out and Laney was asked which one was a circle, she could pick it out). She was "very close" to getting the pencil hold down.
Here is her latest report card.
We are still working on letter recognition but she got all of the shapes and all of the colors right.
This time, Kelley didn't group the shapes in 3 but rather held up a shape and asked her what it was. That was the more advanced version :) And she mastered the pencil hold!
Kelly also asked her where she lives and Laney replied "in a house with my baby brother."
This was the cutest Preschool Progression Report Card.
She got good on everything
8 comments:
What a hoot - I commented once or twice and was published 6 times. Sorry!
I looked at this and thought, wow, 7 comments...I am so popular...LOL. Gotta love blogger :) Your comment cracks me up, Mom! Sooooo when are you going to take this amazing little lady for the weekend? I think she needs some Nana time ;)
Terrific job, Laney! Leslie, I know you are a proud mama with such a great report, as you should be! It's fun to see the progress kids make over the course of a year. She's been working hard! It sounds like she's been mastering some of the most important things- taking turns, listening, etc. Yay, Laney!
It's so funny that her teacher told you about her mild fit. I always found parents were shocked when I told them how different they acted at school, and I was always equally shocked that these perfect little kiddos acted so silly at home! :)
I love that she said that she lives in a house with her baby brother. That is precious! She is a little smarty, that's for sure. Great job, Laney!
Post a Comment