Friday, April 3, 2009

Third trimester here I come!

I have to start out by saying I am utterly amazed that I am 28 weeks along. Although the baby on the side of my blog reminds me of the exact number of days and the baby in my belly reminds me by his super tough kicks that he is growing bigger (I swear the girls never kicked this hard), I still am shocked that I will have a newborn in my arms in 12 weeks or less (of course I think 11 weeks but who is counting?).

Today I had my 28 week appointment. I also had my blood sugar test where you drink a super sugary drink and then have you blood drawn one hour later to test for diabetes. With Ella and Laney I got kind of sick afterward because I forgot to pack a snack and my blood sugar plummeted. This time I was wiser! Plus I had the girls' plethora of snacks stuffed away in my purse.

Heartbeat: 150

Measuring: right on schedule

Next appointment: 30 weeks--I am now going every 2 weeks. Although I do go in next week for the quick rhogam shot.

The doctor called a few hours after my appointment and said my sugars were great and no need for further testing. Yah!

The nursery is 90% done! I am so excited about this fact. His clothes are washed and put away (although he has about 1/10 as many as the girls so it was a much easier task), there are enough diapers for an army (although I know he will need them all), the room is painted, the paintings are hung, the rocking chair is in place and the crib is up. Just a few little things to go, and then I will post pictures on here for you all to see.



The official 28 week picture.

6 comments:

Ella and Caden said...

I am TOTALLY impressed! At about 32 weeks with Caden, we were like, "huh - we're having a baby in a few weeks...guess we should paint a nursery or somethin'". LOL I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Emily said...

You look great! I am so impressed you have so much done for baby boy's arrival. We are SO excited to see him and watch Ella and Laney grow into their roles as the big sisters!

Stephanie said...

Looking good! Its so fun that we are so close in our dates. I just did the glucose too...I was soooo hungry after it! Glad you passed:) Can't wait to see the nursery.

Pigtail Mama said...

You look GREAT! I can't believe you are already in your third trimester. It seems like you just announced your pregnancy! I am so excited for you, and can't wait to meet the newest Willett!!!

Anonymous said...

CUUUUUTE belly!! :) I want to see pics of the nursery...with the letters of his name clearly shown... :)

And good job passing your test. :)

IUgirl78 said...

Wow--third trimester already?! I didn't realize that. Way to go on passing your glucose test! That is such a good feeling to have.

By the way, I got a sneak peek at the nursery yesterday when we were over for a playdate. I told Ryan to accidentally get lost in the baby's room, then I had to go find him in there. Ha, ha! But the room is seriously super cute!!