It's official--Our son will be named Matthew Jason Willett!
Although we have a few more things to do to the room (curtains and bedding) here are the paintings and our new letters.
To make the letters we bought plain wood letters from Hobby Lobby. We then painted the letters brown so the edges and sides were covered. We put a light coat of modge podge and then put scrapbook paper on top. After it dried, we used an exacto knife to cut the paper. Then we added one more coat of modge podge. I am so pleased with the end result and to know we made the letters ourselves, makes me even happier.
We also painted all 4 of the canvas' with the handprints being our favorite...I love that the girls got to leave their mark in the room :)
9 comments:
I LOVE THEM- both the name and the letters! The letters are AWESOME! What a great idea! I love the pictures, too. Were they taken with your new lens? You are rocking your camera, girl! The nursery is so cute. I love that you had the girls put their stamp on the room, too. Great work!
I would love to take credit for the pics (seriously, I would) but Jason took them all. We watched that video and actually learned some of the settings on my camera so that helped and yes, the new lens is fun. I still need tons of practice though....Jason is much better at the camera thing :) Thanks for the comments and I am so glad you liked the letters...you had the name right girl!!!
Love those letters!! What a great idea, and they turned out so well. :)
Very sweet name, too. Great job all around. :)
I have to tell you that even Joel said he was impressed with the letters and paintings. You guys just have been holding out on us with all of your mad skills! I've contacted "Trading Spaces" and we've picked the room you guys are going to decorate in our house.
I also have mad lens envy now and have talked Joel into getting me the lens for Mother's Day and my b-day. That, and we may have to take some money out of our kids' piggy banks. But I'll have my lens, and that's all the matters, right?
So you aren't picking Judas? Bummer. ;) LOVE the name, guys.
Really great job on the letters! Very classic name, I love it. Now I just want to see his bedding!
Very nice name and pictures! He is a lucky boy with such a nice room!
LOVE the name!!!!
I am sooo impressed with the job you guys did on the name! I am soooo not that crafty!
Yay--I was right! :) (I had some insider info, though). I love his name, and I LOVE the art work!
Will you call him Matt?
Post a Comment