Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Ella!



Here is my big girl...my first born, the "trial and error" child, the one who has taught us so much.
She has taught us patience, she has taught us the joy of crafts, she has taught us which tights are good and which "hurt her feet," and she has shown us how fun having a little sister can be. Although our kids learn from us, we certainly learn from them as well!




Oh, this bike! Jason's nemesis.
The night before Ella's birthday, Jason started to put Ella's new bike together.
Well wouldn't you know it, the front tire wouldn't fit!
At 9:30 PM, Jason goes to Toys R Us and returned that bike
and then went to good ol' Wally World (aka Walmart) and found
an already assembled Barbie Bike!
I am not sure if you can tell, but on the handlebars is a small bike that you can put a Barbie Doll on and she can ride around with you.
Really, what bike is complete without that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The invitations were out, the party was about to begin and Ella has been more than excited to have her friends over for her 4th birthday. The theme Ella chose? A princess party of course for our little Princess. Ella's actual birthday is April 11th and this year is was the Saturday before Easter. I was unsure of the turnout given the party was the day before Easter, but it was great! Almost all of her friends could come (although I was a little scared of all those kids in one area given it was a kids only party). Ehhhh! What was I thinking? :)



The scrolled invitations inviting the princesses and
prince to Ella's birthday bash



The invitations were sent to 10 friend and 9 could come.
We were so excited for the party to start.

Each princess came to the party dressed to the 9s and upon arrival,
Ella welcomed them to her party and gave them a princess necklace to wear.

We read the book "Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?"



Then it was craft time where everybody made a crown and a wand complete with stickers, gems, glitter, etc. I was amazed how long they all worked on these crafts to make them just perfect.
















Time to paint nails and make each girl feel like a true princess.





Or each boy??
Just joking, this picture was staged and no boy
nails were painted :)



We also played the game "Put the Princess in the Castle Window."
We tried to find a blindfold that worked
but it was hysterical because the kids could see under the blindfold.







The next game was Twister.
Awesome game for this age group!



The last activity was a pull string pinata.
I think us parents were rooting for the kids to get the candy we wanted :)



Thanks for coming, Princess Gabby!



I really think Laney thought this party was for her.
She was everywhere Ella was and "helped" her open her gifts, as well :)
Ella and I decorated the girls' bench to make it look like a thrown.
While each girl's gift was being opened, whoever gave her the gift
sat on the thrown with Ella.
I really think this made each girl feel special as well, or at least I hope so!




How can my Ella Bella be 4 already? She has grown so much this past year and her growth continues to amaze me.

Her favorite things: crafts, crafts, crafts, tights, skirts, dresses, shoes (what a girl, right?)
Her least favorite things: clothes getting wet/dirty, no pee pee on her dress (she just told me this...love that sense of humor).
Her favorite color: blue, orange, pink (straight from her mouth)
Name for her brother: Matt--it was Tyler for a long time, but now we get her to say Matt!

Ella continues to make me smile, try my patience, and be for the most part a happy 4 year old (she would be happy almost all the time if it wasn't for wardrobe issues) :)
We love you, Ella; Happy 4th birthday!!!


6 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

What an adorable party! It looked like so much fun. The pictures are too cute, and Princess Ella is glowing just like always. I am so glad she had a great birthday- good job for planning all that fun! I love the picture of Ryan "painting" his nails. I know it is fake, but it looks real!

Although I don't know Ella very well, I know that she is one of the sweetest girls ever. She is a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart, which is definitely a reflection of you and Jason. Happy, happy birthday, dear Ella!

braun brothers said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! It looks like you had a great party. :) Glad your day was so special!

Doesn't love a wall said...

Ohhh what a GREAT idea and it looks like it took a LOT of work! This should have been on "My super sweet 4th birthday" LOL

Glad she had a great time!!!

Paul Melillo said...

Cute party! You put a lot of work into it and it looks like it was a huge success! I can't believe you have a 4 year old, that seems so grown up!

Emily said...

Gabby had a super time at the super princess bash! Thanks for planning all of those fun activities for the kids. Ella looked like she had the time of her life with all of her friends there. I love the "throne" idea for the kids to open presents on. So cute! Thanks for taking so many photos, too. That can be really hard when you are trying to organize a group of kids, but you and Jason did a super job!

IUgirl78 said...

Hats off (or should I say crowns?) to you and Jason (and Jason's mom) for throwing a party fit for lots of princesses! (Oh, and that one boy prince.) My kids had such a wonderful time! I think it's hilarious that you staged a picture of painting Ryan's nails! I'm sure at some point he will have painted nails. I can just see Reese saying, "Here, Ryan--let me paint your nails." :)

We've enjoyed getting to know Ella better over the past year. She definitely has a heart of gold and is all girl! I love that she wants to make crafts for her friends and enjoys giving them things. That says so much about her. Happy birthday, Ella!