Sunday, June 19, 2011

Moving, moving, moving


Friday, June 10th was the day the large 26' UHaul arrived to take our stuff to Cincinnati. After 5 1/2 long months, we got a good offer on our house. Although it is bitter sweet to leave some of our best friends back in Indy, we know we are making the right move.

The goodbye was going well until Ella's best friend, Carly, gave her a note. It read:


The tears started flowing and you know how that goes. Once one starts crying, everybody starts crying. It was an emotional goodbye to say the least.

Then after we got that note, our neighbor, Melissa Crowder, stopped by to give us this adorable gift. It is already on display in our new kitchen.


There aren't any pictures of the moving day because it was hot, we were tired, we were crabby, and well, once we got into Cincy, we never saw our kids. We live on a cauldesac where there are about 8 other young kids so the girls were out riding their bikes the minute we were off the truck.

My dad joked around that Ella's training wheels would be off in 2 weeks because none of the neighborhood kids use them, well, who needs 2 weeks? They were off in less than an hour and she was off and biking away. A-mazing! Then to try and top that, she lost her front tooth just a few hours later.

Although I will post pics of the house later this week (hopefully), I want to give Kel a little teaser. Check out our mantle:

Who is that yummy guy in the middle giving me a rose? ;)

4 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I'm sure it's hard to leave, but I know you are ready to get back to your hometown. I love the CT picture on the mantle! It's perfect. :)

Congrats to Ella for learning to ride a two-wheeler and for losing a tooth! How exciting! Grace is adamant that she will learn to ride a two-wheeler this summer, and we took off her training wheels on Saturday. The only problem is that it's going to take some work from me, and I have no extra energy right now to help her! Ha!

Congrats on your new house. I'm anxious to see pictures of the paint colors you chose!

KAY POPE said...

The note from Carly was precious. It is hard leaving good friends, but new ones are always just around the corner. And now that Carly and Ella can "write", maybe they can keep up a friendship through correspondence. Glad to have you here, but I know that moving from a good neighborhood always brings a tear or two.

IUgirl78 said...

I can't believe Ella is riding without training wheels! Go, Ella! I bet she feels like such a big girl. And she lost her front tooth on the same day? What a huge day for her!

I can't wait to see pictures of the house!

Layla and Delia said...

Way to go Ella - riding a two wheeler by yourself! Hopefully, the nieghbor kids will always be as good an influence on her. ;)

The note Carly wrote to Ella (oh, and by the way Laney, too - LOL) is too sweet for words.