Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How can little Wille be 2?


Today Matthew is 2! That is even hard for me to say as I can't believe that I have been a mom of 3 for 2 years. I feel like he was just born but given his latest tricks (escaping from the house, taking his shoes off and jumping in the mud puddles and diving off the barbie jeep when the girls drive it), I KNOW I have a toddler on my hands!

Matthew had his 2 year appointment with Dr. Scott before we moved. He was usually hovering around the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height but now he is 50th for weight and 75th for height. It cracks me up though because with Ella I would have remembered (or had the RN write down the height/weight). The third time around, I just want to make sure he is growing. Oh the beginnings of being the jilted third child :) Guess the crackers and cheese and the continual eating is beefing him up though so that does make me happy.

We were at the park the other day and an older girl asked Matthew about the holes in his belly. It reminded me to ask Dr. Scott if his scars from his surgery would go away and Dr. Scott (who is now my facebook friend...after years of begging him to be..lol) said probably not. One is very small but the other is a good cm. It will be fine once he has 6 pack but for now he has 2-3 scars :(

We continue to keep Matthew on a prescription for any areas of concern on his body. If there is any type of pimple or red mark, we put a creme on it to help fight it just in case it is an infection. He is at higher risk for getting MRSA again so we have to stay on top of those "odd" red marks. It is tough this time of year as my kids are getting eaten by bugs so it is easy to think it is something serious when in fact it is just a bug bite.

Matthew yells a lot and although can say words, prefers to scream. Oh, it is f-u-n! But I thought I would have an in depth conversation with MJ:

1) What is your favorite color? err
2) What is your favorite toy? cracker
3) What do you love about your family? socks
4) Who is your best friend? Yaney
5) Who makes you smile? My car

**This conversation took over 5 minutes as I tried to get different answers than cracker**

Favorite Sayings:
--I want more
--Cool
--Ella, yaney
--More (insert any word you want)


Matthew found his birthday gift and although was happy to push it in the kitchen, he had no idea how to open up his own gift. I am sure it has nothing to do with his older sisters opening his gifts for him??

We got him a Cars garage!
For the record, he played with it for 3 minutes and then went back to Captain Destructo mode!


I have enjoyed making a few cakes in the past and this year, I really wanted to make Matthew a cake. We have the Betty Crocker bake and fill pan which really makes round cakes easy (in theory). The first two cakes stuck and even though the directions said to NOT use cooking spray, the third try I used cooking spray and as you can see, it turned out really well :)

Laney loved helping me decorate the cake or really just licking the bowl

Since Jason was out of town until late the night of Matthew's birthday, we had a party the next day. Luckily he is two and we could pull that off :)


A football! He immediately threw it at the wall and laughed. Oh buddy!

A froggy from Aunti Cindy


We invited family, friends and neighbors to the party.
Kids kept coming in and out, grabbing drinks, cake and ice cream.
I loved all of the fun!
Here are a few of our neighbors: Donnie, Ellie, Sophie

Then it was time to play with his new bat

Grandpa Mike pitched while Nana Dean and I played outfield.

I love this picture

Ella made a few really good bat to ball connections especially for having little to no practice.

Then the big boys had to play. Jason was whacking them out while my dad using his fast pitch. Then my dad put Matthew in front of him so that Jason wouldn't nail him :)

What a sweet pic of Matthew and Laney with their pillow pets

Although Matthew has been my most challenging toddler by far, I love him to pieces. His smile melts my heart and his laughter is contagious. We love you Matthew, and we are looking forward to seeing what next year brings!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

How fun that you could be in Cincy in time for his b-day! I bet it was great to have family nearby to come to his party. It's hard to believe he's two already. It seems like we were just meeting him in the hospital!

I love that you did the interview with him!

Pigtail Mama said...

Happy birthday, Matthew! Wow, two years just flies by, doesn't it? I love all the pictures and it looks like he had a great birthday! I also liked getting a sneak peek of your house! :)