Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ode to THE dress



Ode to THE dress.

It's a dress Ella and Laney have loved from the start,
Red with green and gold polka dots,
It has been a Willett favorite from season to season,
Until Laney returned and the dress was shot!

I am not sure where this dress even came from but I think my mother in law got Ella the famous polka dress about 3 years ago. She wore this dress everyday. I would wash it and she would immediately put it back on. She would beg me to do laundry every night or else a big fit ensued. I remember getting so mad at her for not wanting to wear anything else (of course now I honestly wouldn't care but when it is your first and you have nothing else to worry about, you get worried about the smallest details).

Now come to Laney and the polka dot dress. She wears it almost as much as Ella. Whether to church, to play outside, to birthday parties, because it's Monday-Sunday...whatever the reason she LOVES this dress too.

Here is what we have done in the dress:



Fed Nana a snack
Ella is 3



Ate with our friends



Enjoyed time with a big, prego mama



Slept--oh yes, slept--in it




Laney has posed with the Big Man



Played in a band



Chased her brother



And cooked

But last week Laney came home from preschool with a huge safety pin holding "the dress" together. Although there were times I wanted to bury this dress since the girls were both so obsessed with it, it was definitely tough to throw it out (big hole and all).



I think it is safe to say that Nana Dean got her money's worth out it!

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

LOVE this post! Oh, that cute dress sure has been loved! I enjoyed looking through the pictures and seeing how much your kids (and your hair- ha!) have grown. I think you need to use the fabric in the dress to make a pillow or something for the new home. This will be one of those posts that you are so glad that you have when the dress is long gone. Too sweet!

IUgirl78 said...

This is a cute post! My kids have never had something they love to wear that much, but I think it's great that your girls have gotten so much wear out of that one dress. I liked Kelly's idea about using the fabric to make a pillow...she is so crafty--I would not have thought about that!