Sunday, September 26, 2010

Touch a Truck

Yesterday the kids' daycare had a Touch a Truck Event. It was a great community event and included a police car, UPS truck, towing truck, Stanley Steamer truck, the Rainbow School bus, the basketball company with a basketball hoop on the back of the truck and a truck from the fire station. Throw in some free hot dogs and popcorn and the Willetts were set.




To think this was the best pic of the three of them :)



Laney driving the bus



Matthew's favorite truck was the UPS truck.
He ran up and down this aisle way for at least 20 minutes.



The kids loved playing on the Rainbow bus.
I didn't quite understand the fascination as Ella rides this bus every Monday and Tuesday on her way from Kindergarten to Rainbow



Then I realized she wanted to play Miss Jaime (the bus driver)



What cute ladies--Miss Anna and Miss Adrianne





Anna & Laney





Static much?



The Stanley Steamer truck
It was at this truck I said, "wow, look at all the hoses" because I had no idea how to describe what all that stuff was. But the driver did give us spot remover which made my day.





3 of the best ladies!
Anna, Jaime and Adrianne
Anna has been Ella's teacher
Jaime is the director
Adrianne is Laney's teacher



We walked through the daycare and I found this drawing of Laney's body. The picture of the artwork didn't turn out that great but I loved her artistic ability :)



The UPS driver loved Matthew's enthusiasm and gave him a little UPS truck.
This boy loves trucks!



Welcome to our family, oh little truck!

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Cool UPS truck! My dad worked for UPS for 35 years. :) That looks like such a fun event!!

KAY POPE said...

Free food, free UPS truck, free stain remover - how much better does it get than that??

IUgirl78 said...

How fun! Was this just for Rainbow kids, or was this a community event? I love that Matthew loves his UPS truck...Stan would be so proud! Do you know I almost bought Ryan a UPS driver costume two years ago for Halloween? That's what Matthew should be!