Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Laney's First Day of Preschool





Ella has been in Kindergarten about a month now and although Laney has been Ella's biggest fan, she has missed her own school. Laney and I went to Meet the Teacher last week. Her teacher is Miss Carey and Laney is in the Monkey room this year. Last year she was upstairs in the church (in the Seal room) and Ella was also upstairs so Ella would walk Laney to her room. This year, Laney's room is downstairs and with the help of her teachers she will to the room by herself.....big girl!

When we went last week, one of Laney's friends from last year came up and gave her a big hug. Her mom asked, "Is this Laney Bug?" After saying yes, the mom went on to say that since Miss Kelley gave Laney that nickname last year, her daughter always refers to Laney as Laney Bug (a nickname we have adopted too....or sometimes I just call her Bug). I even labeled her lunch box Laney Bug. I wonder if this will be like the nickname "Pumpkin Pie" my mom used to call me and says every now and then (when I am good, I guess) :)



Laney has her first project to complete before next week. Since Ella has site words she needs to work on most nights, Laney has wanted to have her own homework---so this project was right up Laney's ally. After selecting which pictures she wanted, she decided where to put the pics and then drew some artwork on the side. The teacher also wanted a few facts about the kids (favorite show, book, color, etc). Can you read Laney's?:

Favorite Book: Berenstain Bears
Color: Green (ok, not really but that is what she said)
Food: PB&J
Activity: The slide, the swings & eating! Yes, she did say eating and since it was true I had to put it down, right? I think her teacher will appreciate the honesty



Before we left many neighbors were outside getting their kids on the bus.
Laney was excited to get hugs from Miss Jackie (they just love those Renniers)



Jonathan, Sam (aka Ella's crush), Ella & Laney

Align Center

Usually the teachers get the kids from their cars but today we walked Laney in.
She was so excited to go in the downstairs door and over the summer, the school got a lot of new outdoor equipment. I am sure I will hear all about that when she gets home today.





It's official, she's a Monkey!



Laney ran into the room and started playing with Mr. Potato Head.
Although I made her hug me goodbye (more for my sake than her's) she was ready to go play. She remembered a few friends from last year but was just excited to be at school.



I checked back on Laney in a few minutes and she was sitting down doing Playdoh with her buds. It's like she had been here a million times!



At least with the girls starting school on different days we got two cakes :)
And I promise I didn't eat the top left side...although it took all the resistance in the world to keep myself and Ella out if!

Here is to higher learning, Laney Bug. We love you!

4 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh, how cute! I love that she is in the Monkeys class. :) Great shots of the first day. I hope she has a fantastic year!

IUgirl78 said...

I think it is so great that she was so excited about going back to school. I was wondering how she would feel about it since Ella would not be there. Yay for no tears and getting to have that delicious cake!!

KAY POPE said...

Dear Pumpkin Pie,

What a cute post! It appears that Laney Bug was more than ready for the school year to begin. Love the haircut! We sent her a card last week to commemorate the event. As far as Ella is concerned, it is never too early to scout out the guys....

Tri Traveler said...

Yay! I can leave comments now! Everyone looks cute and happy. yippeee!