We have not been to Coxhall Gardens for over 2 years but Ella remembers that place perfectly. It is an adorable little village with shops scaled down to kiddo height. From a bank, to the coffee shop, general store, and jail, it so cute!
Although the shadows were making it tough to get a great angle (it was 1 PM...um, the worst time to take outside pictures) Matthew was making it even tougher. He is definitely not feeling that great and although smiles when you play one on one with him, other than that, he is rather loud (aka, screaming or crying or trying to "talk"). I feel bad for him as I know he is in pain (awful, awful diaper rash) and have a feeling he is getting more teeth. Plus he is making any type of direction tough. By that I mean, I don't mind if he walks but he will veer off towards areas he shouldn't be (aka, the breakables or the plate section when at Hobby Lobby). He also pushes your hand away when you try and hold his hand to encourage one direction over another. He is a silly little man!
And she was off:
Looks a little bit different than the last time she was there :)
One of my favorite pictures of the girls :)
Ella was just 3 and Laney was 18 months
I wanted to spend some time with MJ to try and get some nice outdoor shots.
HA! This was the look he gave me most of the time.
So which one should be Jack and Laney's wedding invitation?


4 comments:
Oh my goodness, the cuteness! I can't stand it! I loved looking back at the pictures from 2 yrs ago. Were we with you then? We went two years ago with Gabby and I'm pretty sure Jen was there, too, but I didn't really know you all well. Too funny!
I think for taking pictures at 1 PM at a place where there's no shade you did fabulous! And really, it's all about the memories, right? Love them!
Do you think M's diaper rash is related to his teething? I always heard that the saliva they produce while teething causes it. I don't know if that is true, though! Boudreaux Butt Paste is the best stuff if you haven't tried it yet. Poor Matthew, but he looks like he's having fun anyway. What a cutie!
Great pictures!
I just *heart* Coxhall gardens. I always tend to go during the hottest days ever, so maybe I'll make a point to go this fall.
I agree with Kelly, I can always tell when Beckett is teething because his breath (spit) changes.
These boys give us a run for our money, don't they? It's SO different from having a girl first.
I think I was there on that aforementioned Coxhall Gardens playdate, too!! :) Too funny!
It's so cool that you found the older photos to compare to the newer ones. Even if I would've thought of that, I don't think I would be able to locate any!! You must be more organized than me. :)
Cute post!!
Love it! :) All those pictures are great. And that you had the pic from 2 years ago. Very impressive! :)
Post a Comment