We did it! We finally made it to Connor Prairie to use our free balloon ride tickets!!!
The kids and I go to Connor Prairie at least once a week but I obviously wanted to make sure J was with us to enjoy the balloon ride. And thank God he was! When I was younger, I never had any issue with heights but now that I am older, I can't stand them. I really didn't think I would have an issue with the balloon ride since hey, the balloon is tethered but let me tell you, I wanted to get down the minute we got up there. I was holding Matthew in a front carrier which was my saving grace so I could just close my eyes and kiss his head while he was held securely to me.
Thank you, J, for capturing the balloon ride. I love seeing what I missed (since I had my eyes closed most of the time). Gosh I am getting old!
How I preferred to see the balloon: standing on the ground, looking up
On the other hand, Ella was excited to go!
Hold on tight girls!
I still look happy, right? Notice how we are still on the ground :)
I tried to highlight our house but it turned our rather
light and a weird color overall. But for those that don't know, our house is extremely close to Connor Prairie and we can actually see the balloon go up and down when we look out our front door.
I "look" like I am having fun, right? HA!
The ground at last!
We ran into a family from the Y I remembered
when the girls were in ballet. They offered to take pics of our family and on the last shot, he said, "let me zoom in."
Zoom in? Who needs a head, right J?
Gosh this pic makes me laugh!
Then it was ice cream time. Something we all can enjoy :)
The girls had been begging to use the balloon ride passes since they came in the mail a month ago. I hope they remember this ride as 1) it was such a fun experience for a kid!!! 2) I will probably never do this again :)
Nothing like feeling like a pig after you eat a huge amount of ice cream and then turning around and seeing baby pigs run around. Gotta love Connor Prairie!
3 comments:
Oh man, I forgot to use our free passes! Oh well...I wouldn't have gone up in it anyway! You are a brave mama. ;)
Cuuuute pics! Glad you all had fun!
How fun! I LOVE all of the pics, but my fave is the one where Jason is headless. Nice. :) I'm so glad that you went up, and good for you for facing your fears! I don't like heights much (it freaked me out that our hotel room this weekend was on the 17th floor), but it was definitely worth the experience. Now hopefully the girls won't ask to go up in it all summer long! :)
I have never liked heights, but have noticed that I especially don't like them now that I'm a mom. I know my kids really want to go up in the balloon, but I just might have to stay on the ground w/ Reid. I do love the family picture, though--even if Jason had a little too much taken off of the top. :) I also love the picture of Laney posing with her ice cream cone. She was working it for the camera!
Post a Comment