Friday, February 19, 2010

Final Ballet Class

Thursday was the girls final ballet class. Ella has had such a fun time and has learned the names of the 5 positions in ballet (unlike her mother who doesn't even know one position). She listens intently to what the teacher is saying and generally tries to imitate her.

Laney, oh Laney. The first 3 classes she did great; she really enjoyed the songs and practicing her ballet moves on the ballet bar. The last 3 classes were a struggle though. She resorted to sitting in my lap the whole time and just watching. The last class she did do her spotlight dance (where they do a dance solo) so we did get that recorded, but other than that, she enjoyed watching Ella :)

Some of these videos are long so the Grandparents can feel like they are there but if your kids like to watch videos of their friends, you now have ~10 minutes of Mommy time while they watch them!













**What you didn't see of this last video was the 45 seconds before this where Ella was sweet enough to offer to walk Laney to the back of the line and waited with her until Laney's turn (and encouraged her to dance). Thanks, El! Also, Laney refused to go anywhere without the Valentines she got from some of her friends at school. I love how she held onto them while dancing.**

3 comments:

starfitch said...

God Bless Miss Kelley for doing that six times a week! :-) I loved the Paris dance, that was adorable. The princess dance is a thrice-daily occurrence over here, so if your girls ever want to have a dance party let me know! Hahah!

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh, how cute! I will have to let the girls watch them tomorrow. They will be all about it! Sorry Laney didn't enjoy it as much, but I'm glad Ella did!

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, I've been waiting to show Reese these videos--it's just been a long week since we've been getting home so late due to after school enrichment. I want to show her prior to Fri., though, to get her psyched for her class. :)

The girls were too cute! Ella did such a great job--especially on the bar. I loved both of their spotlight dances. How sweet that Ella cared so much to encourage Laney along. You must be so proud!