Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ella's new words

Ella came home from preschool on Tuesday saying that she learned 5 new "h" words (hi, hey, hoe, happy, hat). She then proceeded to take a tissue out of her backpack and hold it in front of her mouth. The way the speech teacher taught her to say the letter "h" was to put the tissue in front of her mouth and while making the correct mouth position for an "h", blow the tissue (Ella's "h"s have usually been silent so this was visual reinforcement of correct mouth position). Not sure if that made any sense?

She did all 5 words (which she got on the first try by the way) and obviously Jason and I were ecstatic! J immediately took her to the grocery store and let her pick out ice cream. Ella felt so special and honestly it was a win/win for all of us (since she picked my favorite flavor....mmmm) :)

We are so proud of you Ella!


Align Center

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Good for her! I love that she was so excited about what she had learned, too. It has to be so frustrating for her at times to not be able to say what she wants to say, or to have to repeat herself if someone doesn't understand. I love that you guys rewarded her immediately and with such a tasty treat, I might add. Way to go, Ella!