Sunday, January 17, 2010

Who knew we had Baby Jesus (or baby Maggie) here?

Laney has grown very attached to a baby doll that we have owned for um, like 3 years! She never really cared about this baby until the past three weeks where the baby has taken on a life of his/her own. Why his or hers? Well, for the first few weeks, the doll's name was baby Maggie. Maggie went everywhere with us but particularly enjoyed the car rides, the exersaucer, being breastfed by my daughters (seriously!) and sleeping with Laney.

But last week, baby Maggie had a name change. She is now known as Baby Jesus. I am not sure how this change came to be but as we were getting ready for school, Laney said I can't forget about baby Jesus. Since she was going to her church preschool, I just figured it had something to do with an activity they were going to do that day. Oh, no...she meant baby Maggie.




Baby Jesus
Baby Jesus is naked and has a boo boo on his left arm and head.
I am sure the tape is helping it heal.



Laney's artwork from school



Another piece of artwork that came home with her.
Notice the name in the corner?


Yup, baby Jesus does artwork!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

So really the Bible has it all wrong...Jesus's first miracle was truly being able to do dinosaur rubbings and write his name as a baby.

I think it's great that she goes back and forth between baby Maggie and Jesus. She's a hoot!

Stephanie said...

So funny! I love that she called the baby Maggie and now its Jesus...hilarious.

Josie has a baby named "Sugar" that's right "Sugar" and the name has stuck for at least a year!