Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Chairs, OH MY!

Today we went to the Shriner's Circus at the Fairgrounds with those wonderful Worthingtons. I don't have any great pictures as the camera I took 1) was the back up camera so it doesn't take great pics anyways 2) had battery issues. Be it as it may, we had a wonderful time and although we didn't get to sit down and actually watch a ton of it (having four kids from the ages of 2-5 sure keeps you busy), what the kids did see they enjoyed :)

The hits of the show were

-- the trapeze artists,
-- the elephants,
-- the popcorn (Reese's favorite...who can blame her?)
-- the 10 year old girl in the show (Ella's favorite),
-- the dogs (Laney's favorite)
-- the seats (Ryan's favorite)

The seats you ask? Well, we sat in a great section (thanks Joel) which was mostly empty so the kids enjoyed running around and pulling the chair bottoms up and down....what excitement! My girls enjoyed hugging on Kristy and Joel more than anything and although the circus was fun, we could have probably just gone to a stadium where there are seats to fold up and down and stairs to play on and save ourselves a few hours :)

I am certainly glad we went to the circus as it's always fun to see a child's reaction to the high flying trapeze artists, the tigers, the elephants and the clowns. Thanks for joining us, Worthingtons!

They were so excited to see the next act.
Ella kept saying "where is the little girl in the show?"
The cute 10 year old girl was flying high on the trapeze.

Laney's second favorite thing? Sitting on daddy's lap, eating popcorn.
Who can beat that?

Kristy showing Ryan and Laney the clowns.

Notice all the seats around us?
It was great! The kids could just run around and play as there
was a fair amount of downtime.


It's pictures like this that made me wish I would
have brought our good camera. I will have to "steal" Kristy's pictures, if she doesn't mind :)


I can't decide who is more enthralled?
Ryan, Joel, Reese or Ella

What a great way to end a fun day....with a sucker!!

5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

What a great post, Leslie! (And no, I'm not just saying that b/c we're in it!) You were definitely right--it was so fun to see everything through their eyes. By the way, as to who is more enthralled in that photo of Ryan, Joel, Reese, or Ella--I'm going to vote for Joel. I'm sure the girls with the tailfeathers were out at that point. :)

Pigtail Mama said...

How fun! Glad you guys had some a great time. I don't think we'll be going to the circus anytime soon- Grace is WAY too afraid of clowns! :(

Doesn't love a wall said...

LOL~ we ended up going yesterday. Madda was ok for most of the first act, but a short nap right before it made the second act a lot harder. We left as they started the trapeeze and went to Bob Evans!

I felt sorta skeezy about going....poor animals.... : (

Anonymous said...

The chairs...hilarious! :)

I am glad you guys had fun! I didn't see any clowns in the pics Tony took when he and Beau were there. And for that, I am happy, because clowns pretty much freak me out!

Ella and Caden said...

Ooohh, so much fun! We're taking Ella to go see Elmo next month at the Murat with Beau. This will be her first "show" ever, so if she does well, we'll definitely start doing more stuff like this. It looks like the kids had a blast!

And I have to say that I LOVE the last picture of Laney - she just looks like she won the lottery when someone put that sucker in her hand! :)