Sunday, March 22, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

This past weekend we went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio. We have had this trip planned for months and were beyond excited to get there! The girls have been asking to go to the pool for weeks so when we headed out to the Lodge, the anticipation was very high. Now, the girls have excitement often for such outings, but we never know how it will actually play out (who will melt down, how long the melt down will last, will the meltdown ruin the trip). But this trip truly exceeded our expectations! They LOVED the pool, and I mean loved it! Ella can be cautious (a girl after my own heart) but was anything but scared this past weekend. She rode big water slides with Jason as well as the smaller kid slides. Laney would go up to the kid water slides alone and ride them with such excitement. I was so proud of them and it was fun to see their adventurous side come out; they continue to amaze me!

We went on this exciting adventure with the Springborns, the Powells, and the Harlows plus Jason's parents met us there for pool time. The kids all did amazingly well and got along great! I am so glad we were able to share this fun time with friends and family. We look forward to doing this next year as well.

We also got a new camera lens last week so this gave us some good time to practice using it. It is supposed to allow you to blur out the background and keep the item you want in focus. What amazing pictures it will allow us to take, once I get the hang of it :)


Ella, Carly and Abby





Three hot mamas!


Abby enjoying the pool


Troy and Jack


I will get this thing to work!


Weeee...that small blob is Ella!


And the even smaller blob is Laney
Laney went down this slide over and over and over again!
She is quite the daredevil.




Carly was all smiles


Ella's favorite slide



You can't make me leave, mom!


I love this video! Ella telling Abby and Laney what order to go down the slide..too funny!





5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, I officially have lens envy now! Looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies again...

Your pictures were awesome! I can definitely tell the background is blurred in some of them. Maybe I'll Photoshop our family in so we can pretend like we were actually with you guys. ;)

That Great Wolf Lodge looks much bigger than the one we went to in Illinois. I'm so glad you guys had an awesome time!

Pigtail Mama said...

It looks like you had a blast! What a fun, fun place to go. The pictures look AWESOME! Isn't that a great lens? I love mine. I just need more practice with it!

I'm glad that you guys were able to get away with friends and family. It is always so nice this time of year to have a little break. Glad you made it home safely!

Anonymous said...

We LOVE that place and want to go back! I went there preggers, too. :) So glad you had so much fun--and I love your new lens! Awesome pics!

Doesn't love a wall said...

Ok - so you have me SOLD on this place when the babies are older!!! I love their commercials! ha ha

Your kids are SO brave to go down those slides! rock on!

Doesn't love a wall said...

Ok - so you have me SOLD on this place when the babies are older!!! I love their commercials! ha ha

Your kids are SO brave to go down those slides! rock on!