Friday, December 5, 2008

Truly a party of 5!!! The newest Willett is coming!

It has been a long 11 weeks that I have been holding information from my blogging community (ok, everybody who reads this already knows the news) but I am pregnant!

The baby is due June 25th, and I have heard the heart beat twice. I had an ultra sound at 6 weeks (the baby was the size of a grain of rice) but the heartbeat was so strong! I had ultrasounds with the girls at 10 weeks, when hands/legs are formed, but at 6 weeks the baby was just an official blob--amazing how much growth happens during those 4 weeks. All patients are brought in earlier at the practice I go to for a variety of reasons but it still seemed so early to me.

I have been feeling pretty darn awful...to say the least. Luckily friends and family have been very helpful with meals and caring for the girls. So thank you, thank you, all!!

With Laney, I got so many rude questions during my pregnancy that now make me laugh (was this planned, you are huge...is your due date wrong, etc). There is quite a list.

But this time the comments have been hysterical:

--Do you know how this happens (thanks Dad for that one) :) Still makes me chuckle.

--Are you happy about this (really? how could you not be?)? I could see if this was like our 10th kid, but of course we are happy.

--Maybe it's a boy. Now I know where everybody is coming from with this. Everybody likes some semblance of balance and with the girls and me vs. Jason and windsor (can the dog qualify as a boy in the family) it would be nice to have a boy. Not only to carry on the Willett name but the dynamic would be different in a fun way! But with that being said, boys kinda scare me. They are wired very differently from girls. So there you have it, Jason nor I TRULY care...I mean, really don't care!

We are not sure if we are going to find out the sex. I really don't want to as I figure we have everything we need if it's a girl and if it's a boy, I am sure the grandparents can help dress the boy :) Plus so many friends have boys that I bet I can borrow their clothes.

Ella and Laney have been great. Ella brings me medicine for my belly (aka tums) most mornings and can tell that I don't feel well. Not that this has always kept her calm, but she has tried the best a 3-year old can.

We are ridiculously excited about the latest addition to the Willett family and will keep everybody posted on "our" growth :)

10 comments:

Doesn't love a wall said...

You know what - I haven't ever "announced" it on my blog - I guess I figured everyone read my FB - ha ha

five dot design said...

WHOOOOO HOOOO!!! congratulations on being knocked up!

Stephanie said...

YEAH!! Congrats again! We are only about 2 weeks apart, so exciting. You are forging ahead with a third though, very brave!

Emily said...

Congrats again, Leslie and Jason. We are so excited to meet Willett #3. Hey, maybe it's a boy! Just kidding.

Ella and Caden said...

Congratulations Willett's! =)

Pigtail Mama said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I am SO excited for you all! That is such wonderful news. I can't wait to hear all about Baby W. :)

Your comments from people crack me up. I know that if we have a third, I'm sure we'll hear the same thing about having a boy! That is so funny. :)

Congrats!!

Aunt H said...

Yyyyyyyyyyyyay! I'm so, so excited for you. The more, the merrier! :-) Your girls are the sweetest ever, so this baby is extremely blessed to have such amazing parents.

My friend just had her 3rd and got the rudest comments ever like, "Did you want this?" and "Oh my...how are you going to handle this?" C'mon, peeps, not everyone has just 2 kids!

PLEASE let me know if you need any help with the girls, or if you and Jason need a night out. (and I can tell you where to go - hahaha) Really, though, I'm here if you need anything!

IUgirl78 said...

Party of 5--love it!! If you already didn't have a cute blog title, I would suggest you change it to that. But I'd stick with the original--too creative!

I'm so excited to meet the newest member of Team Willett!! :) You are going to be so cute in your maternity clothes!

The Carrels said...

Congrats! :)

Layla and Delia said...

Congratulations, Leslie and family! I'm sorry the littlest one isn't being very nice to Mommy right now, but hopefully by now (two weeks later!!) you're feeling better. ;)

Please let us know if we can do anything for you!