Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A family that fixes together, stays together

While my mom was here last week helping with the girls (thank you, thank you, thank you mom!!), I noticed a leak from the girls' bathroom. It was not hard to miss; there was water pouring from the ceiling in two spots. I got it cleaned up with very minimal damage to the ceiling and figured Jason would check it out when he got home (he was out of town last week).

Jason figured out the problem and had it fixed in about 5 minutes (he is so handy!!!) but then it was on to repaint part of the ceiling. We still had some ceiling paint from when we had our ceiling painted a few years ago, so Jason dabbed some on the ceiling. But of course he can't do the project alone...both girls were there to lend a helping hand.

The girls were in awe of daddy

How does this work? I want to try.

Ella ran to the cold garage and got her own foam brush to help out. And if you are able to see the paint, it is purple. It's the kind of paint that changes color once it's painted on the ceiling so you know where you have missed when painting....our ceiling is not truly purple :)


Notice the new leotard from Nana Kay. She wears this all the time now :)

Laney's turn at painting

6 comments:

Emily said...

That is SOOO cute! How wonderful of Jason to let the girls help out! I seem to remember Dave letting Marielle help paint the mailbox or something and it not going as well... ;)

BTW - I didn't know you were supposed to paint your ceiling. Ha! We haven't repainted any of the ceilings in our house and I really have no desire to do ANY of that despite the fact that they really need a fresh coat!

Emily said...

Did you really post that post at 3:10 am?

Leslie said...

Nope, not up at 3 AM...in fact I slept from 7PM-6AM...no joke :) the time got changed on my computer.

We had to had to paint our kitchen ceiling due to a leak we had a few years ago that required cutting into the ceiling to fix. there was no way getting around having the whole ceiling painting....it was certainly worth hiring out because I, like you, wouldn't want to do it :)

five dot design said...

are they for hire? i have a few touch up jobs that need some paint!

Pigtail Mama said...

I love it! Nothing like teamwork. :) I'm glad that Jason got the leak fixed so quickly- that could've been pretty messy! I also love Ella's new leotard. :)

That purple paint that turns white is so cool! It would have come in handy when I was painting the ceilings in my house. I started painting our bathroom ceiling because there was a leak before we moved in, and it just looked so fresh I kept going. However, painting white on off-white is quite hard and usually I ended up doing two coats of paint. Hopefully I won't have to paint them again, but if so I'm looking for the purple paint! So cool!

IUgirl78 said...

How cute are those girls wanting to help their dad?? And kudos to both of you for letting them help. Painting is messy--especially when you're painting over your head! And I wish I would've known about the purple paint. We painted our ceiling about a year and a half ago, and I swear it was the hardest thing ever b/c I couldn't tell where I had just painted! It probably would've been a lot easier if I would've just painted it purple...REAL purple!