Although as parents we always say how quickly time goes, but really, it has just flown by. It seems like just yesterday you came into this world and now it's like you own the world. You run, jump (kind of), go up and down stairs, sing, dance, talk, hug, cry. Laney came into this world very quickly (less than 4 hours from the first contraction to delivery) and given that I was sick most of the pregnancy, I figured she would be a feisty kid. She has been far from it; she is fairly easy going and as long as there is a hug around, she is happy. Although she is a cuddlier she doesn't want to be on your hip or be carried around. She wants to be in charge of her world and be able to run around on her own schedule.
The past few months she has definitely given us a preview of what the twos will bring. She has become more independent and makes her opinions known. There have been timeouts but typically they are just calm down times. Once she calms down, she forgets what she was upset about.
A few things about Laney:
---At her 2 year appointment, she was 30# (75%). She continues to have a slight heart murmur but it remains of no concern. She is developmentally right on track with speech, motor skills and social skills. She remains in physical therapy once a week although the MD sees no concern with her W sitting. As he mentioned, the physical therapists are generally more aggressive with the W sitting than MDs are. All in all, a wonderful visit--with no shots needed.
---Her new favorite phrase: excuse me. Today she said "excuse me, dog" when she needed some room. She always likes to say, "bless you" and "sobbee" (aka, sorry). She is very polite.
---Laney is a daddy's girl. She can cry in my arms but still wants daddy. It's an adorable relationship that I LOVE to see!
--Yesterday she came upstairs and said big girl bed. Yes, she wanted a big girl bed. We thought we would give it a try so we converted her crib to the toddler bed. She took two naps in her big girl bed and slept all through the night. Although I was dreading this transition, she made it a breeze!
---Today I was reading a book to Laney and at the end of it she said "I love you." She certainly knows a way to my heart!
I love my little Laney Leigh more than words can say. She has fit so perfectly into our family and made the transition from a family of three to a family of four, so easy. I love seeing her smiling face in the morning, getting her huge hugs in the middle of the day, and getting that all precious good night kiss!
Here are some of our favorite pics of the birthday girl!
Fresh out!8# 4 oz and was born at 7:59 AM.
I love this picture because I don't look so worn out
(with Ella I look like a train ran over me)
but I also only pushed 4 times with Laney---gotta love that!!
Laney at 1 day old
She was a daddy's girl from the very beginning.
Ella meeting her new sister.Wow, Ella really was a baby herself when Laney was born.
I never realize it until I look back at these older pictures.
Her birth announcement. This picture was taken the day she came home (2 days old).I think this was certainly a smile and not just gas!
I did not have the energy to throw Laney a full birthday party but our friends, Kristy and Joel, invited us over for dinner and cake for Laney's birthday. It was such a nice evening! Thank you so much for having us over, Worthington family. It was a wonderful atmosphere, the kids were great, the food was wonderful and the cake...mmmmmm!!!
Laney LOVES Elmo and when I mentioned this to Kristy she said without hesitation that she would be happy to make a cake for Laney. Really? I was just going to run to Target and get one. But the one Kristy and Joel made not only looked perfect it tasted great! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into the cake!! I am amazed at how artsy you two are!
Then Joel had to determine how to cut up Elmo.
Blowing out the candle
But she wasn't doing it fast enough so she called for some reinforcement!
Thanks Ryan for helping out.
I "think" she liked the cake
Thanks Ryan for helping out.
8 comments:
I didn't realize her birthday was so close to Christmas! Happy Birthday Laney!
holy moly- it doesn't seem like we got that birth announcement 2 years ago! happy birthday big girl laney!
How fun to see pictures of your girls when they were little! I often forget that we didn't know you then. They were (and are) too cute!
What a sweet post about little Laney Leigh. I have to say that Laney definitely always has a smile on her face and seems so laid-back. You guys are truly blessed with both of your girls!
And way to go with having such success in the big girl bed! It seems very appropriate that she was ready just in time for her birthday. We enjoyed having you guys over to celebrate! We'll start sketching out the plans for Ella's Dora cake soon. :)
Happy, happy birthday, Laney! Looks like you had a great day. :) LOVE the pics from birth until now--thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday Laney! I loved seeing all the pictures of her growing up---very sweet:)
I can't believe she is 2! When did THAT happen? Oh yeah...the other day. Hehe. Oh, and hey, 30 pounds at 2 months is a BIG baby! Maybe cut back on the formula! Haha!
Laney, you are SUCH a sweetheart. You are so lucky to have two of the most wonderful parents in the entire world and a fabulous older sister. You will be a great big sister yourself one day soon! Hope you had a super birthday party. Those Worthingtons are pretty great people, aren't they? What sweeties to throw you a party since Mommy feels so sick right now! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday, Laney Leigh!! What an amazing cake! Thanks for posting the photos of her first two years - her chubby cheeks and chubbier thighs are adorable. ;)
Happy Birthday, Laney! I read this post earlier and got choked up. I know how hard it was when Grace turned two, and reading your post just reminded me that I bet it will be even harder when Clare turns two! Isn't it amazing how much faster it seems to go with the second? Somehow, though, each moment is enjoyed a bit more, I think.
It looks like she had an awesome birthday! Let me tell you that I'm pretty sure that Kristy has never spent that much time on a cake for anyone, so Laney is a special girl (we knew that already, though!). :) Happy, happy birthday little one! You are such a cutie!
Post a Comment