Friday, August 22, 2008

A birthday party!


This morning the girls were invited to a birthday party for Beau, Nestor, Max and Josie. All were turning 2! I can't believe it because that means Laney is close behind them in celebrating the big #2.

I have known these 4 kiddos since they were newborns as I met their moms at a breastfeeding group at a local hospital. Since all the moms really hit it off, an online Yahoo group was started so we could all just chat and help support each other. It has been a heaven sent of a group and a blessing to have them in my life!

The party consisted of a fire station tour and then going to the local airport to watch the airplanes. It was a great time but my kids were not in their best form. Laney was so tired and Ella just wanted to eat. Imagine that?? What a fun idea for a 2 year old birthday party though and we were so glad to be there to celebrate with the kids.

One funny story about today was when Ella had to go to the little girls room. She went into the restroom and the lights got red and the sirens went off. She looked at the potty and said "I no go potty now mama" and ran out of there. It was hysterical. The firemen had a quick fire to put out and were back to show us the station and firetrucks (then Ella braved the potty again).


Birthday Boy Beau driving the truck. You could really tell a difference between the boys and the girls. The boys were loving the big trucks and many of the girls were crying :)

No crying for Grace though! Here she is with her adorable mom, Kelly.

Laney preferred to stay by the wall until she was sure
the fire truck wasn't moving or going to make any loud sounds.

Now there is a good driver! And a cute driver, I might add.

This is what the girls looked like most of the morning.
They weren't quite themselves but still enjoyed seeing their friends.

Emily and Gabby

Me and Lane

And then a picnic lunch!

And then when we got home, poor Windsor had to play fire dog.
He is such a good sport!

I love this picture, taken last night after baths.
Although it does not go with the theme of a birthday party,
I had to show that my girls really do love each other :)

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Such great pictures! Your girls are so cute. I loved their cute bows!!! The picture of you with both of them makes me smile! I know you wanted them to look at the camera and smile, but that is real life, huh? It is what we get over here every time we try to take a family picture.... :)

Grace was in rare form on Friday. Seriously, I don't know why she was acting so well- isn't that terrible? So different from our usual routine of me peeling her off the floor while she's throwing a fit when we are out in public! Ha!

Aunt H said...

What cute pictures! I think that is such a great idea for a birthday party...what little kid doesn't like firetrucks? (Or firemen? Oh, wait...that is just me).

I LOVE the last picture of the girls. They are so sweet, I love seeing that sisterly love. :-)