Friday, March 15, 2013

Peter Pan

My mom has been a fan of Cathy Rigby for years so when she heard Cathy Rigby was still Peter Pan and was coming into town, we had to get tickets. I remember Cathy from her commentaries of gymnastics and in the movie Peter Pan and I, too, was excited to go.

The girls watched the movie probably too many times in preparation for the night. Laney was excited to see the crocodile and Ella was excited to see Peter Pan fly. Both girls got their wish! The crocodile was adorable and Cathy flew right over our heads and even covered us with fairy dust. She was probably 8 feet right over our head. It was unreal. And since Cathy is in 60s, it is even more unreal as she was twirling and spinning all throughout the performance. She is in great shape!


It was kids night so before the show, the girls got to play games, make a pirate hat, make a wand, listen to Tinkerbell tell a story, have ice cream, play a trivia game and color. It was a lot of fun and really built  up the excitement for the show.







The illegal picture my mom snapped before she was told no pictures were allowed.
I am proud of you, Mom! Everybody needs a rebel in the family.



We were all so excited!


I thought it was great that for $25 you could buy  a poster (that supported Aids awareness cause that Cathy supports) and she would sign the poster. But since my mom already broke one rule tonight by taking a picture of the stage, she broke a rule again and asked Cathy to sign the Peter Pan CD.
Cathy said, "I am not supposed to sign these but I will." In true rebel form, my mom said, "I will block you signing that with my purse." Cathy was great, signed the poster and CD and posed for a few pictures.



 

I love Broadway shows and this was one of my favorites. Some of the songs were so well choreographed and the actors were great. Lots of flying, singing and sword fighting....can't be that right?
Thanks for taking us, Mom.....I hope you had half as much fun as we did!

2 comments:

KAY POPE said...

Just to set the record straight, Laney actually took the illegal pic of the stage curtain. A new family rebel - yay!! It was truly one of the most fun nights of my life. Aronoff Center did a great job, and nothing beats the Pan flying 8' above your head scattering fairy dust.

KAY POPE said...

Just to set the record straight, Laney actually took the illegal pic of the stage curtain. A new family rebel - yay!! It was truly one of the most fun nights of my life. Aronoff Center did a great job, and nothing beats the Pan flying 8' above your head scattering fairy dust.