Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January/February

I feel I used to be a good blogger and since my blog book from 2011 just arrived in the mail, I love that I did it. I find now that I am having a hard time keeping up. I might just have to use this blog as a place to put those cute pictures of the kids and then can print the blog. I don't know, feel overwhelmed with it so for now, I will do what I can :)

So what have we been up to:

1) Ella has been playing basketball and really enjoying it. Her first game was rather comical as the girls didn't really know what they were doing but now as we are winding down the season we have seen a huge improvement. Ella has scored in most games and is getting the concept of rebounding. I am so proud of how far she has come!

2) Laney has also been playing basketball and it is instructional basketball. Meets on Saturday AMs at 8:30 which is a bit to early for our Laney Bug so we have made only about half of the sessions. She has really improved her dribbling and can dribble with both hands. Way to go, Laney!

3) Matthew remains in school 3 days a week (2 days at St. Thomas and one day at Friday Fun Day at a local church). At Friday Fun day, Jason picked him up and the teacher said, "Matthew threw a chair." Jason asked Matthew, "Why did you do that. We don't throw things."Matthew said, "to show that I was strong." Oh boys.

4) Speaking of boys, Matthew remains unpotty trained (is that a word??) We can keep him dry in undies at school but still no consistent poop on the potty. It is a dirty job and lots of laundry. I know someday I will look back at this and laugh but right now, it is annoying.

5) Ella got perfect attendance for the first and second quarter and has since her kindergarten year. She loves it and works really hard to see that perfect attendance award come in.

6) Report Card Time: Laney is doing great and reading well. She is ahead of the benchmark and just loves school. Her favorite subject is Art and she loves to sit at lunch with Cameron, Melissa and Liam. Ella also had a stellar report card. Her teacher said Ella always listens and has great work ethic. Love that! She tested out of the reading program she was in (which she was so excited to test out of) and remains in speech twice a week. Her favorite subject is Art and loves to sit at lunch with Marin.

7) Matthew's preschool had a report card as well. At one point I looked at Mrs. Caesar and said, is this really my child? She said he listens, puts toys away, is appropriate with friends (aka no hitting), helps out..what?? I am glad he is so good for her :) We need to work on his pencil grip though...makes me laugh :)

8) I was really sick for over a week. I was stuck in bed and did not take care of the kids or anything. Jason was a huge help and thank goodness was only gone one day that week. My friend April took Matthew that day. My mom did some grocery shopping for us and brought us dinner a night as well. If Jason would have been traveling it would have been a mess but thank goodness he was here. I had nothing but a virus but a virus means no meds which makes a sad mama.

9)  Our backyard hill has come in handy these past few weeks with the snow. It has been great fun going up and down the hill, and I love how much fun all of the neighborhood kids have :)

10) Gabby is  now 8 months old and her black color is starting to turn silver. It will crack me up when she is completely silver! It will be like a whole new dog. She is doing well but still very much a puppy (chewing on things, jumping on people) but luckily a happy puppy.


With sledding comes lots of falling out the sled


Matthew loves making snowballs


And throwing the snow balls


Laney and Jason were working on a snowman.
I love that all of us enjoy being outside


Ellie,Sophie and Ella up the hill


Sophie and Ella down the hill


Ella loves the snow!!


Can you tell?



Matthew has more fun falling off the tube :)



Sophie, Ella, and Matthew up the hill again!

No comments: