Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Day & Dinner

Ella was up at 7 AM ready to hunt for her basket and since Matthew and Laney didn't get up until a little bit later, she was insistent that she would guess where they were (although since I am not the Easter bunny, I did not know where he put them!). She guessed and guessed and then luckily Matthew and Laney came down to hunt for their baskets.


Matthew got a new car, new thomas undies and candy.


Ella got some clothes, an umbrella and a cowboy hat/boots for her American Girl Doll.

Laney got an umbrella, dress and glasses/slipper for her American Girl Doll.

Laney's fairy umbrella


Such a cute butterfly umbrella


 This year was our first year to host a big holiday meal. In Indiana, we would do holiday meals for anyone that came in town but it usually was just one set of parents or we came back to Cincinnati to celebrate (although we often had Easter with our neighbors).

My parents, Jason's parents and my Aunt Jan came over. The girls and I had a fun time looking on Pinterest and pinning items to make for the day.

After church and some down time, the family came over. It was fun to just have time to relax and catch up.


My mom found this fireman outfit and couldn't resist.
Little did we know how much fun all of the kids would have playing with it.


Yummy treats and cookies and my mom's friend made.


Check out that lamb cake! It was delicious :)


Another Willett with the fire man mask on :)


The girls and I made these parfaits for the table.


Every place setting had a jelly bean flower


Our centerpiece...all of these fun crafts were thanks to pinterest :)


Jason did 70% of the cooking  and did an awesome job. I love having a husband that enjoys cooking :)


The main dish...chicken marbala...mmmmmmmm

Hope everybody had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Pigtail Mama said...

I love those umbrellas! They are too cute. It looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I love all of the things you found on Pinterest to make for the decorations! I love that site. It's so addicting. :)

Keith enjoys cooking, too, and has made our breakfast casserole that we eat at Christmas brunch every year since we started hosting it. It's nice when we have a little (or a lot) of help in the kitchen, isn't it? Keith always says he loves to cook because he loves to eat. Ha!

Glad you had a great Easter!