Friday, March 11, 2011

Tube update

On Wednesday we went back to Matthew's ENT, Dr. Dugan, to evaluate his tubes. They were put in a year ago so this was just a follow up. I knew his left one had popped out (but was still in the ear canal) but thought the right one was in the right place (thanks to our recent hospital admission--no I don't have one of those ear gadgets to check them out nor do I know where the tubes should be other than "in the ear." hahaha).

Dr. Dugan said the right one looked awesome and was where it should be. The left one had popped out but was in the canal. She reached her little scissor things in and pulled it out (Matthew just sat there like what the heck is that light thing on her head?). Whatever works!

She put his blue ear tube in a jar for us to keep and then gave the girls each their own tube filled with solid goo. The girls decided to put a bead in their tubes :)



The bead on the left, Matthew's cute little ear tube on the right.

Dr. Dugan confirmed that he won't need another set of tubes at this time. Yay!

3 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Yay for no new tubes! It's amazing what a difference they made for him. I'm sure it was a blessing to not have to deal with a bunch of ear infections this winter. That's cool the doctor let you take the tube home with you. Perfect for the baby book, right? :)

Pigtail Mama said...

I agree- yay for no new tubes! Isn't it crazy how they get stuck in the ear when they fall out? Grace's were stuck in her ear wax and it was a nightmare having the doctor get them out. Lots of tears. Glad it was less dramatic for Matthew! I hope he stays ear-infection free! :)

Le, Elizabeth, Ryker and Lulu said...

that is great news!! Go Matthew!