Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Master Yoo


The girls had their first Tae Kwon Do lesson today. Ella had gotten an invitation for Valentine's Day for 2 free weeks of Tae Kwon Do at Master Yoos from 2 different boys. So Master Yoos let me use one pass for Ella, one for Laney.

Both were very excited about their first lesson. It was a private lesson so the girls could learn the basics before being in a large class. Punching, kicking, focusing, etc was great. And having a cool new uniform didn't hurt anything :)





Laney getting her belt on.
He wrote their names in Korean on the top right collar.











My favorite part (BY FAR!) is when the master was telling the girls there are 3 areas of focus. Now, he is Korean so it wasn't said like our focus, it was said like fo-coss (put your Korean accent in there). He asked the girls to then state the three areas of fo-coss. Ella repeated " eye fo-coss, brain fo-coss, body fo-coss" with a Korean accent. I was cracking up (inside) because she wasn't doing it to mock him but rather she thought the word was fo-coss not focus.


Ella really did well with the punches, kicks, concentration, etc. Laney lasted about 20 minutes until the instructor started doing hi-yas. It was too loud for her, and I think it just scared her. She was in my lap the rest of the session (no matter how hard the Master tried to get her involved).

Our next class is on Thursday so lets hope Laney enjoys it a bit more. Two of their friends will be in the class with them so I am sure that will help Ella "fo-coss."

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I am cracking up at the fo-cuss thing! That's hilarious! Just goes to show the Ella is a great listener! :) They look too darn cute in those uniforms. I think that is such a nice thing to get in a treat bag from school! Glad you were able to take advantage with both girls!

IUgirl78 said...

Ha, ha!! Love the fo-coss comment!! We've received those free trial weeks, too, but have never used them. I should give it a shot once Ryan's tae-kwon-do class wraps up. Are they thinking about continuing after the 2 weeks are done?