Our family is in a good place these days, a really good place! Yes, our months eb and flow as far as moods go but lately we have had many more good days. I also feel I have been calmer with the kids and they really pick up on that. I am enjoying being with the kids. Sure, moms love their kids, but I actually enjoy them. I enjoy their thoughts, I enjoy their laughter, I just enjoy them.
I read a quote today that the personality traits a child has at 3 years old will be the same main personality traits that they will have at 26 years old. For Ella: She was always easy going, organized, knows what she wants, rule follower. For Laney: Spirited, Motivated, Feisty, Funny. Matthew: You aren't three yet so I can't determine but right now, you are feeling good and so incredibly happy (well, unless one of the girls steals your high heels....lol)
Thank you kids for being so good to me. I love spending every single day with you (ok, mama needs a break for mom time, but you know what I mean) and cherish these few years before everybody is in school full time.
The girls love me shooting videos....sorry some of them are long so you don't really have to watch them :)
We found these sequence cards at the library. The girls like making up stories :)
3 comments:
I'm glad you are enjoying your time at home. Stay-at-home-moms are such a rare thing these days, mainly because moms have to work out of necessity. It's definitely a blessing when you can be home (if you want...it's nice when it can be a choice!). Of course, then you don't get sick days (and I could have used a few this week!). :)
fun videos - Matthew is going to just die one of these days after seeing himself in drag... love the sequence cards
I've never seen sequence cards like those at the library before...we'll have to check those out! I think that is such a creative thing to have the kids do. Great idea!
The kids are getting so big! I am impressed that the girls know their birthdays and Ella knows her address. You wouldn't believe how many kids don't know their b-days in Kindergarten... :)
Super fun!
Post a Comment